Dualsense dubbed best controller of all time

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I think polls like this are pointless, since it really just turns into nostalgia vs recency bias. You can't fairly compare something like the Dual Sense or Elite controller to something like the Genesis six button, or the SNES controller because they had to serve two different types of games, not to mention that some of the shyt like adaptive triggers just wasn't really being thought of back then.
So technology has improved to make things better? :ohhh:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I hear this line of reasoning a lot yet for some reason multiplatform major fps games with large streaming or pro scenes are dominated with DS4 and DS5 users (mainly cod and wz here because most real competitive shooters don't use controller obv)

I have an xBox one controller for my pc and I don't feel anything inherently better for FPS when I use it as compared to my DS5. What is it that's better for FPS again?

This sounds like a 360 era talking point you're still parroting.

It's not the biggest deal in the world but asymmetrical joysticks are better for the hand ergonomically

The natural resting place for your thumbs is higher up on the controller. On the Xbox and Switch controllers, The left side has the thumstick and D-Pad, and the d-pad typically gets much less use in most games, so placing the dominant input higher up is a more comfortable resting position for your hand

The right side of the controller has the face buttons and the right thumbstick which both have high usage and many games have you going back and forth between the two during gameplay. For pressing ABXY buttons, it's better to have them spaced out and higher up with the joystick placed below them. This is why the Wii U pro controller seemed goofy as hell. No other controller has you reaching your right thumb downwards to rapidly press the face buttons. Even the joycons are asymetrical

I've played tons of games on the DualShock 1-4 and the Stadia controllers just fine, but I prefer asymmetrical thumbsticks for long periods of play:manny:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox 360 Controller will always be the best one in my heart until DS5 came in :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, definitely. Who can argue with that?
People who don’t really care about rumble like that. The Xbox Elite controller is still the best feeling controller I’ve ever held. It’s just a piece of shyt when it comes to build quality. This whole new age rumble in the Dual Sense and the Switch Joycons does nothing for me.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
People who don’t really care about rumble like that. The Xbox Elite controller is still the best feeling controller I’ve ever held. It’s just a piece of shyt when it comes to build quality. This whole new age rumble in the Dual Sense and the Switch Joycons does nothing for me.
Rumble? Have you used the controller? Do you know what you’re talking about? The adaptive triggers alone transforms games. I’m a much bigger Xbox fan than PlayStation but I’m buying most games on PS5 instead of my Series X BECAUSE OF THE CONTROLLER and rumble has ZERO to do with it

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's not the biggest deal in the world but asymmetrical joysticks are better for the hand ergonomically

The natural resting place for your thumbs is higher up on the controller. On the Xbox and Switch controllers, The left side has the thumstick and D-Pad, and the d-pad typically gets much less use in most games, so placing the dominant input higher up is a more comfortable resting position for your hand

The right side of the controller has the face buttons and the right thumbstick which both have high usage and many games have you going back and forth between the two during gameplay. For pressing ABXY buttons, it's better to have them spaced out and higher up with the joystick placed below them. This is why the Wii U pro controller seemed goofy as hell. No other controller has you reaching your right thumb downwards to rapidly press the face buttons. Even the joycons are asymetrical

I've played tons of games on the DualShock 1-4 and the Stadia controllers just fine, but I prefer asymmetrical thumbsticks for long periods of play:manny:
Not to mention paddles on the elite make that difference in competitive fps by not havin to take your thumbs off the sticks to click face buttons. Took me about a week to get used to it but i cant go back now. shyt changed my entire game for the better.

for me the ultimate controller would be an elite series 2 with Duelsense haptics for non fps games. Itd be the best for everything in terms of ergonomics, comfort, n features.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
in all due seriousness it should’ve been on the list even tho I hated it but I still recognize it was an important controller in gaming
The elite controller is on the list. I love the Dualshock 4 as well but Dualshock 2 is a similar design, so no need to have em both. Same applies to xbox.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The elite controller is on the list. I love the Dualshock 4 as well but Dualshock 2 is a similar design, so no need to have em both. Same applies to xbox.

the 360 controller is far different from the xbox one/elite controller

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Nah fukk that the n64 controller is GOATED

Having to flip the controller 90 degrees within a millisecond and then having to smash the buttons :wow:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Xbox Elite controller is miles ahead.

I literally refuse to play unless I have paddles :hubie:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
The DS5 controller is not good at all. fukk all that. I bought that fukking PS5 and I regret that shyt. The console is nice but that dumb ass controller with both analog sticks next to each other is so fukking dumb. I lose games because it takes forever to switch. God forbid you gotta use both analogs at the same time

Thank you for telling me not to take yall opinion seriously on gaming