dry/flaky scalp

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel like that was the same thing that happened to me. My mom told me i was born with a severe case of cradle cap.

I had it as a baby too. If I'm not mistaken cradle cap is a precursor for seborrheic dermatitis

Do/did you have discoloration in the face? I do. I have dark skin but I got some blotchy areas in the face due to not staying top of my psoriasis. Can I get that dark skin back?

Once I got the right medications, my discoloration/inflammation went away. You have to stay up on it because the flare ups cause so many other things, the main one is discoloration

After I learned irritation leads to inflammation, which leads to hyperpigmentation, I stopped playing around with using my meds. My skin is very sensitive so damn near anything causes me irritation. I have to be very careful

This is great for discoloration. I've recommended it to so many people

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I had it as a baby too. If I'm not mistaken cradle cap is a precursor for seborrheic dermatitis

Once I got the right medications, my discoloration/inflammation went away. You have to stay up on it because the flare ups cause so many other things, the main one is discoloration

After I learned Irritation leads to inflammation, which leads to hyperpigmentation, I stopped playing around with using my meds. My skin is very sensitive so damn near anything causes me irritation. I have to be very careful

This is great for discoloration. I've recommended it to so many people

These were like, prescribe by a dermatologist or over the counter? If the latter what were they? And thank you for the recco.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don’t listen to any recommendations on here, esp. the people who say “just put some oil on it” :comeon:

Go see a professional.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Limited my routine to simply washing hair with water and applying Jamaican castor oil afterwards, and all my scalp issues (dryness, itchiness, dandruff, etc.) all went away.

Takes some getting used to at first, but worth it imo. Don't mind all these companies trying to convince you to buy their products... Ain't like our ancestors were getting a full lather in.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I thought I had a dry scalp until started wearing my natural hair. Turns out the best way to moisturize a scalp is to apply water:skip:

We constantly put all these creams and oils on our hair, let it sit for weeks then wonder why our hair and scalp is dry. I still add those oils to my hair but once every 3- 4 days. And I wet it every day.

I haven't scalp problems in years. And I take minoxidil drops which is know to cause dry and flaky scalps.

Coco Loco

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
These were like, prescribe by a dermatologist or over the counter? If the latter what were they? And thank you for the recco.

Yes, from a dermatologist. I can give you the names when I get home. I use a shampoo and foam for my scalp and another foam for my face. You're welcome.

Coco Loco

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Reptile

The shampoo is ketoconazole, the foam for my hair is lexette, the foam for my face is calcipotriene

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Selsun Blue or Nizorol twice a week, get a scrubber for your hair and get to scrubbing.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
made a thread on this before, but tried a new solution again and it got even worse.

I was told I might be using too many products/washing my hair too much so I looked up some shyt and now my arsenal is:

- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in Conditioner
- Conditioner I already had
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil

What I've been doing is 1x a week use shampoo + conditioner to wash hair. After showers spray leave-in conditioner while wet then use black castor oil (this I do daily). In the middle of the week I do a conditioner-only wash.

I think my hair is actually softer now, but my scalp has never been drier/flakier/itchier. So I guess its back to square one

the fukk do i do man :to:
You need a better hydrating shampoo

Design Essentials Honey Creme...
s-l1200-1.jpg

The Fonts on LSA put me on to this....I have locs and my wash day is a handful:

Clarifying: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Hemp Castille Soap

Hydrating: DE Honey Creme Moisture Retention Super Detangling Conditioning Shampoo

Conditioning: Oyin Honey Conditioner

Oil: Peppermint Hemp Oil

That DE hydrating shampoo gets my locs sofT and beacoup hydrated.

Last edited:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
You need moisturizer. Shampoo and conditioner don't do much in my eyes.

You need a light oil moisturizer, nothing heavy, greasy, or very oily.

I just started using this. I still have flakes, but nowhere near as bad.

69278f6e-40a1-4120-9389-25950e6e4020.29465273da02cb149729f04203c621fa.jpeg

I use Oyin Juices N Berries daily refresher to keep my scalp moist in between washes

Last edited:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Vinegar

You using all those products but you PH in ya hair is off so they're not gonna do any good. Get some white distilled vinegar and baptize your head in it. Let it sit. Wash it off. You'll see and feel the difference immediately