dry/flaky scalp

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
made a thread on this before, but tried a new solution again and it got even worse.

I was told I might be using too many products/washing my hair too much so I looked up some shyt and now my arsenal is:

- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in Conditioner
- Conditioner I already had
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil

What I've been doing is 1x a week use shampoo + conditioner to wash hair. After showers spray leave-in conditioner while wet then use black castor oil (this I do daily). In the middle of the week I do a conditioner-only wash.

I think my hair is actually softer now, but my scalp has never been drier/flakier/itchier. So I guess its back to square one

the fukk do i do man :to:

Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I use this stuff... DAX Kocatah - DAX Hair Care

Maybe 2-3 times a week. It has a pine tar smell but it works really well. I can say if you use it regularly it def decreases the dandruff. Pine tar has anti microbial properties so it kills the fungus that causes it.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You need moisturizer. Shampoo and conditioner don't do much in my eyes.

You need a light oil moisturizer, nothing heavy, greasy, or very oily.

I just started using this. I still have flakes, but nowhere near as bad.

69278f6e-40a1-4120-9389-25950e6e4020.29465273da02cb149729f04203c621fa.jpeg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I told people before, its not dry scalp causing the flakiness. Its actually the complete opposite.

Toss out any advice to recommends oils or conditioners. Just will make it worse. I started get dandruff on my forehead after a certain point. What is conditioner going to do about bare skin?

You just need a medicated shampoo, and you need to use it two or three times a week, and you'll be good. No more than that or you also have more issues.

Medicated Selsum Blue works for me, otherwise you can see a doctor.
Selsun-Blue-Dandruff-Shampoo-Medicated-11oz-Each_020cc8c2-2b30-4fd7-b554-b5de70384dbc.b8eee11667666b45e85d98584318c502.png

DO NOT USE CONDITIONER OR OIL.

Thats not for us, we can choose to have dry hair without dandruff or flakes,
Or we can shiny luxurious hair with lots of dandruff. No in between

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Look up seborrheic dermatitis. If it matches what you're experiencing you should go to a dermatologist and get a medicated shampoo to take care of that.​
Selsun blue​

41eOaR776hL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

This b*stard.
Cop this b*stard and use it 3 times a week and see if shyt improves.
I've got Seborrheic Dermat*ts like a motherfukker and through my early to mid teens into my 20's when I started to braid my hair more consistently out of shcool, I was on this.

71fPKN9Ne+L._SX679_.jpg

This brand specifically, but the active ingredient is Ketoconkazle (sp) which handles that. I don't wanna say that my head/body got used to constantly using this, but after a period of time, it felt like shyt wasn't working the way it was supposed to, that's when I switched up and started using Selsun and haven't been having much problems over the years. Been well over a decade too and still going strong.

41+qt1+zCjL._SY300_SX300_.jpg

This works well enough too, but it has Sulfur (Not sure if it's Selenium Sulfide) in it so it burns and sorta smells, but it does the job. You can use this before your other sweet smelling hair stuff so it isn't the last thing left in your head.

Also, if you having problems with flaking skin on your eyebrows, around your nose and beard/chin, then it's definitely Sebehorric Dermat*ts and if that's the case, you might wanna cop a cream to combat that. The same Nizoral folk make a Ketoconazle (sp) cream that handles that pretty good, but if for some reason you're alergic to that, cop one with Selenium Sulfide. It works just as good, only problem is THAT, bytch, WILL, BURN, YOU.
I'm talking about eye watering burn. But it cools in under 10 minutes, so man up.​

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
41eOaR776hL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

This b*stard.
Cop this b*stard and use it 3 times a week and see if shyt improves.
I've got Seborrheic Dermat*ts like a motherfukker and through my early to mid teens into my 20's when I started to braid my hair more consistently out of shcool, I was on this.

71fPKN9Ne+L._SX679_.jpg

This brand specifically, but the active ingredient is Ketoconkazle (sp) which handles that. I don't wanna say that my head/body got used to constantly using this, but after a period of time, it felt like shyt wasn't working the way it was supposed to, that's when I switched up and started using Selsun and haven't been having much problems over the years. Been well over a decade too and still going strong.

41+qt1+zCjL._SY300_SX300_.jpg

This works well enough too, but it has Sulfur (Not sure if it's Selenium Sulfide) in it so it burns and sorta smells, but it does the job. You can use this before your other sweet smelling hair stuff so it isn't the last thing left in your head.

Also, if you having problems with flaking skin on your eyebrows, around your nose and beard/chin, then it's definitely Sebehorric Dermat*ts and if that's the case, you might wanna cop a cream to combat that. The same Nizoral folk make a Ketoconazle (sp) cream that handles that pretty good, but if for some reason you're alergic to that, cop one with Selenium Sulfide. It works just as good, only problem is THAT, bytch, WILL, BURN, YOU.
I'm talking about eye watering burn. But it cools in under 10 minutes, so man up.​
I'm going to try this, because the only relief i've been getting is using selsum blue on my entire face and beard too. I get dandruff on my eyebrows, beard, forehead and mustache too,