Drew Brees: "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America"

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Apologies have been ruined by people who only apologize to save their $$/career/etc. No one believes you Drew.

Type of dude to hang out with Trump, a draft dodger, then chastise black people for peacefully protesting because of "respect for the military."

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
this is the thing drew brees just says this bs apology to he can get back out on teh field and throw touchdowns to blacks :mjpls:

then once he retires he'll be right back on that maga ish i see you drew and eff you cac
time will tell. he's gotta put in work now. If he has any brain he damn sure will put in work this year since he has to live in a black city for 7 months.

We'll see what energy he keeps when he's retired. He still will be involved in football and dealing with black athletes so he'd be a dumbass if he goes back to his MAGA talking points but I wouldn't put it past him. If he doesn't learn from this ordeal, he never will.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
See this where I will lose people especially in this climate but that's fine.

Brees is a good dude. He's not perfect. He's ignorant AF on this issue. And I have no problem if you or any people don't want any white people to "come around" from this movement. But I'm of the belief that a part of what this movement is about is teaching people like Drew Brees the reality of what we go through. So I'm hoping he comes away from this more educated and dude has done a ton of good stuff in this city and world for me to ever put too much energy into "cancelling" Drew Brees when there's way worst people out there to go at. It's not a popular opinion right now though and I understand.

A statement from Brees isn't enough though. He needs to really start showing he's learning and is about racial equality now.
Whatever Drew Brees has done for your city...YOUR CITY HAS DONE MORE FOR HIM.....I will not continue to act like athletes who can understand complex offensive and defensive schemes, and how to market themselves to millions for there own financial gain can’t understand racism and what Colin was doin when he knelt. Brees knows, he not stupid. He’s a successful man who works with diverse backgrounds every day....he knows what this is about....and what he is committed to is to never walk back any of the previous thoughts about kap no matter how wrong they were....and that is certainly a racists characteristic, a person that is unwilling to accept what is right even when what is wrong is being disproved in real time. It’s chosen ignorance and that is what Drew has chosen. To speak on the military is deceitful, 1. I was in the military and know why we served, it wasn’t cuz of the flag....it was for the freedom to express oneself and to simply be as Kap did, 2. It’s a clear attempt to misconstrue the real message...... Drew is finessing to no avail just like his buddy trump.

It’s easy to give to the community that ensures you make millions, especially when it’s superficially in front of cameras recording the whole thing.....but that doesn’t require drew to come out of his ultra maga bubble......so nah he not good to me.....he’s the worst kind .....THE SLY RACIST THAT SMILES IN YOUR FACE, AND SAYS GOT YA BACK BRO.....

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Just because he apologized doesn’t mean you have to accept it. He doesn’t get it.

Apologizing might be the worst move (assuming he doesn't follow it up with any meaningful action).

His apology shouldn't be accepted and them MAGA types are going to drag him for being "weak" and apologizing.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Whatever Drew Brees has done for your city...YOUR CITY HAS DONE MORE FOR HIM.....I will not continue to act like athletes who can understand complex offensive and defensive schemes, and how to market themselves to millions for there own financial gain can’t understand racism and what Colin was doin when he knelt. Brees knows, he not stupid. He’s a successful man who works with diverse backgrounds every day....he knows what this is about....and what he is committed to is to never walk back any of the previous thoughts about kap no matter how wrong they were....and that is certainly a racists characteristic, a person that is unwilling to accept what is right even when what is wrong is being disproved in real time. It’s chosen ignorance and that is what Drew has chosen. To speak on the military is deceitful, 1. I was in the military and know why we served, it wasn’t cuz of the flag....it was for the freedom to express oneself and to simply be as Kap did, 2. It’s a clear attempt to misconstrue the real message...... Drew is finessing to no avail just like his buddy trump.

It’s easy to give to the community that ensures you make millions, especially when it’s superficially in front of cameras recording the whole thing.....but that doesn’t require drew to come out of his ultra maga bubble......so nah he not good to me.....he’s the worst kind .....THE SLY RACIST THAT SMILES IN YOUR FACE, AND SAYS GOT YA BACK BRO.....
I'm not arguing because I'm not diverting any energy into defending Brees. He deserves everything he gets. If I'm the 1/10 black person who is telling him he can learn from this though, trust that I still believe he deserves all the heat from the other 9 black people.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I'm not arguing because I'm not diverting any energy into defending Brees. He deserves everything he gets. If I'm the 1/10 black person who is telling him he can learn from this though, trust that I still believe he deserves all the heat from the other 9 black people.
Respected