Dreamer vs Raven is the WORST major ECW storyline

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Despite my thread shytting on Shane Douglas, his promos definitely have the juice in 1994-1997, match wise he never matches his promo quality after 1995. I enjoy Taz's most miserable man in the world gimmick where no matter what happens he finds a reason to be pissed and talks that shyt, again the matches don't really reach the promo quality, though. I like the RVD/Sabu team and the "WWF Invasion" angle because of how absurd it is that Sabu is working as an emissary of Vince throughout the duration of it. Chris Candido is wildly entertaining (again, not always in matches, though). The FBI gets some legit lols once in a while. Sandman is my favorite shytty wrestler. I liked Mikey's progression from jobber to fluky champion to real champion but for whatever reason once Foley left he was basically non-existent in storylines for the next 2 years.

Storyline wise almost every single angle either peters out and gets dropped or goes on forever with no real conclusion. It starts to be a real problem in 1997 because nothing ends up having a real pay off due to injuries or guys jumping to WCW/WWF in the middle of angles, and pay offs that do happen are immediately overwritten by whatever next angle that starts immediately after.

Sorry I don't have 5 storylines on deck at all time for you to pick apart and tell me how stupid they are and why Raven/Dreamer is better. This is a dumb angle, you don't have to drag down other angles to make this one look less stupid.
No... you just talk a lot of shyt about what you dont like so id like to see what you actually do. Im trying to understand how this angle made for such a long post when wrestling is constantly full of nonsense like this but @Jmare007 is right, you are just an old man shouting at clouds

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
It's a long post because it's a year and a half angle with backstory before the angle even starts that went on for a year. You don't have to read shyt you know. Sorry for trying to add some context beyond "lol this sucks". Go be an a$$hole in someone else's thread.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
It's a long post because it's a year and a half angle with backstory before the angle even starts that went on for a year. You don't have to read shyt you know. Sorry for trying to add some context beyond "lol this sucks". Go be an a$$hole in someone else's thread.
Its called a conversation. You spend the last two years shytting on EVERYTHING. So I ask you what you actually do like and you give nothing. You have plenty of reasons to not like sonething which is fine, different strokes, but for every person on here that has a different point of view usually can offer a counterpoint on what they think it should be. You have had NONE. So as a result I after trying to hear you out, I start agreeing with what others say about you shytting on things just to do it and im being an a$$hole? Do you not know how conversations work?

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Always wondered how ecw fans shyt on wwe for bad storys and then accept this shyt. What a horrible reason to feud.

Literally any other reason wouod be better. Id rather have tommy stepping on ravens shoe as the reason over this

Lmao at ecw stans reasoning in here. Wow.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Its called a conversation. You spend the last two years shytting on EVERYTHING. So I ask you what you actually do like and you give nothing. You have plenty of reasons to not like sonething which is fine, different strokes, but for every person on here that has a different point of view usually can offer a counterpoint on what they think it should be. You have had NONE. So as a result I after trying to hear you out, I start agreeing with what others say about you shytting on things just to do it and im being an a$$hole? Do you not know how conversations work?

I talk about shyt I like all the time, even ECW shyt. I don't have 5 top storylines of all time in my head at all times. fukking sorry to disappoint. This isn't a conversation, this is you bytching about me bytching :dwillhuh: Go complain about someone else's thoughts on 20 year old wrestling angles :camby: No one forced you to read any of this shyt, go read a thread about something you enjoy.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
I talk about shyt I like all the time, even ECW shyt. I don't have 5 top storylines of all time in my head at all times. fukking sorry to disappoint. This isn't a conversation, this is you bytching about me bytching :dwillhuh: Go complain about someone else's thoughts on 20 year old wrestling angles :camby: No one forced you to read any of this shyt, go read a thread about something you enjoy.
And now I hurt your feelings. That wasnt the intention. Im sorry breh you must be having a worse day than usual :sadcam:

In any regard. I never said you were wrong, its your opinion. Now that I think about it, the only positive thing i remember you reporting on is fukking HUSTLE of all things. So back to my original point, wrestling gets fukking silly a lot of the time. I actually forgot you have a pretty decent site of reviews. I could have looked there so in that, maybe im wrong but you getting emotional like this. Idk what thats about because all I did was ask you about something you have a whole website dedicated to.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
In this very thread I talked up ECW stuff I liked, I'm almost always positive on Takeovers, I'm more positive than most in general WWE threads, I frequently big up NWA/WCW/Japan shyt from the 70s/80s/early 90s, I've talked positively about MLW and even TNA recently. Just because you don't see my positive posts doesn't mean they don't exist.

I also took the website down a year ago.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I don’t really have any feelings on the subject one way or another, but I always appreciate your input because it’s a unique opinion and your verbiage and gif useage is entertaining :ehh: I liked the website before you deaded it, so I appreciate these random threads that keep popping up

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Lol no. It was not an ironic send up, nor was it breaking the fourth wall. It was played 1000% straight the whole way through. It's exactly the kind of stupid shyt Raven thinks is a great angle while talking about fiery white meat babyfaces if you've ever heard like...any of his shoots. If Raven was a booker, he'd have an entire company booked full of Dreamer vs Raven angles because that's the kind of shyt he loves.
Well yeah they’re not going to go out and act like Kevin Nash/Ole Anderson. I don’t see how saying “I’m going to whip you 12 times with a kendo stick because of shyt that happened at summer camp” is playing it straight. To me, that’s the ECW saying “we’re going to commit savage acts of violence for trivial reasons.”

The feud was like a running joke in other tv shows. Dreamer always loses, and pile drives that chick a lot. It gives the audience something to expect and drunkenly pop-off when it happens.

Like ECW was a three ring circus. You had the comedy, you had the ultraviolence, and you had the traditional wrestling. Dreamer-Raven was the ultimate ECW feud, because it incorporated all three of those aspects. It wasn’t hailed as the ultimate ECW angle because of its storyline. You’re applying WWF standards to ECW.

I’ve heard Ravens shoots. And he’s always shytting on his own gimmicks. Like when someone brought up his ankle injury and he goes “Yeah I don’t remember what leg it was supposed to be.”

All the interviews of him and sandman are two drunks reminiscing about how stupid everything was, meanwhile seeing how much coke they could do.

I also think it’s odd to say if Raven was a booker, he’d have the worst product. When didn’t you say his gimmick made more sense when he went to WCW? So when he went to a company that was notorious for garbage storylines and letting inmates run the asylum, he actually turned out something more palatable. Which is surprising, because if the guy is an idiot with no mind for wresting angles, you’d imagine his ass would’ve been exposed even more when backed by wack ass WCW

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dreamer then talks about Heyman not trusting Raven as he thought he was a mole for Vince, as Dreamer chuckles about that.

:_magne:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Was a pretty basic storyline all comes down to raven being jealous of Tommy since a kid