Draymond: “(Cavs) didn’t stand a fukking chance,” “It pisses me off we didn't sweep them though"

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
draymond-ar-2.jpg

Draymond Green on Hitting Rock Bottom and Why the Rest of the NBA Doesn't Stand a Chance

Ten days after beating the Cleveland Cavaliers to win his second NBA title, 27-year-old Draymond Green still has some shyt to talk. He’s in the brick-walled New York offices of Maverick Carter, LeBron James’ longtime business partner, here to film a promo video for a celebrity soccer game in which he’ll coach a team opposite Drake.

“They didn’t stand a fukking chance,” he says of the Cavs, who lost in five games. “It pissed me off we didn’t sweep them, though.”

It's June 22, and the Golden State Warriors have just ripped through the NBA playoffs, going 16-1 en route to the championship. It was something you might get in a video game’s dynasty mode if you turned trade restrictions to “off:” Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, and Green driving a steamroller on hardwood. Only this was real life, and, given that their four all-star core looks to be intact for the foreseeable future, the Warriors' postseason dominance acts as an NBA earthquake, tremors and aftershocks cascading outward, setting in motion what just may be the craziest offseason in league history.

“It’s so funny sitting back and watching this shyt,” he starts, before pausing to pull his phone out of his jeans, looking through the Golden State Warriors’ group chat. (The team has one, and the Hampton Five—Green, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, and Kevin Durant, the five guys that were in the Hamptons in the summer of 2016 to recruit KD—has another.) He wants to relay something that Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey had said in an interview, reacting to the Warriors' title. The team had texted it to each other: “They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster. We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve.”

Then he pauses, scoffing at Morey’s comments.

“What the fukk are you talking about?” he says to me. “They are really trying to rethink their whole strategy”—here he bumps a table repeatedly with his hand for emphasis, getting excited—“because teams know they don’t have a fukking clue.”

On a roll now, he remembers the Warriors’ lone playoff loss, in Game 4 of the Finals, when the Cavs sank twenty-four three-pointers, an NBA Finals record.

“That’d never been done!” Green exclaims. “They don’t come out and hit twenty-four threes and they’re swept. And that’s the second best team in the world. It’s pretty fukking sick to see how everybody is just in a fukking panic about what to do. You sit back and think, like, these motherfukkers, they know. That’s the fun part about it: They know they don’t stand a chance.”

"Durant did nothing wrong" - The Coli :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Did he lie though. KD shifted the whole league. You got the 2 best shooter in history on the same team and added a top 5 scorer all time. It was a wrap :yeshrug:

But its so,fukking fun rooting against them that I have no problems with it and personally I think it helps the league to have a dominant team,to hate on like the 2011-14 heat, the Kobe shaq Lakers, Jordan bulls and so in.:ehh: