Drake - Toosie Slide *New Single* OUT NOW

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Some of us like music with substance at times .

Your fav artist never talks about shyt .

I’m not even saying this song had to be deep I was just explaining what the youtuber said cause Napoleon lied .

Biggie made Juicy
Nas made If I Ruled The World & I Can
Pac made Brenda & Dear Mama
JayZ - Hard Knock Life

Drake made the video for Gods Son:mjlol:

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This one of those songs that 15 years from now the new generation of rap fans gonna trash Drake for and be like "this used to be y'all rap king? :mjlol:"

I guarantee it.
If it was one of his best performing songs I’d agree but this won’t end up even being in his top 5 (chart wise).

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
If it was one of his best performing songs I’d agree but this won’t end up even being in his top 5 (chart wise).
Well it went #1 so it will have some legacy in Drake’s overall history. It’s the same way kids look back on Eminem songs and be like “y’all was rocking with a guy talking about butt plugs and killing women in 2001? :mjlol:

That’s just how generations work. Won’t diminish the artist’s legacy, but humans have a tendency to always play the “this didn’t age well” argument for artistry.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Well it went #1 so it will have some legacy in Drake’s overall history. It’s the same way kids look back on Eminem songs and be like “y’all was rocking with a guy talking about butt plugs and killing women in 2001? :mjlol:

That’s just how generations work. Won’t diminish the artist’s legacy, but humans have a tendency to always play the “this didn’t age well” argument for artistry.
I get what you’re saying but I just think because of the amount of massive hits Drake has it’ll drown out whatever negativity surrounds this songs overall run.

& for the Eminem argument, his gimmick was the base for a lot of his earlier hit records so of course that narrative was going to stick.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
this shyt catchy af :francis:

shout out to his ghost writers.