Drake - For All the Dogs Scary Hour Edition (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don’t stay that up to date with Drake, what’s the difference between this and For All The Dogs?
For All The Dogs is 23 tracks of mostly mid production features where Drake is outshined on nearly every track.

Scary Hoes 3 is 6 really good songs that should satisfy most “rap purists” who have been wanting a 100% rap release from him.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He sounds so much more relaxed on all these tracks. Just instantly noticeable. Confident and collected. it's not even that it's rappers rapping or whatever, he just sounds calm and relaxed and in his zone. Makes tracks like Virginia Beach (which I like) feel a little bizarre. Production is a little more subdued. There's a FIRE album if you cut about 15 tracks out of For All The Dogs and add a few of these.

when were these recorded?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I’m emotional because you post stalking me for midgrade Drake album posts?

Go get some money and stop copping pleas on the internet. Broke boy

Post stalking you in a thread we're both in?

Where is the plea copping? Lmao, I literally told you to get some self respect again. And nikka it's 9 o clock. We both posting on the same website. I guess we both need to go get some money.

Emotional ass lmao. I made a joke, you'll be okay

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I'm not impressed by any of this. This feels lazy and rushed, like a guy checking a box moreso than entering a booth to prove his haters wrong. Production wise I'm not sure any of it really lends itself to Drake's strengths outside of the last couple tracks, which happen to be produced by some of his most consistent/oldest collaborators. Am I saying the Conductor or Alchemist beats are bad? No. I just don't think they lend themselves to Drake's strengths. Stories About My Brother sounds like some kid imitating underground rapper flows with no style. I love Wick Man's beat but nothing is really done with it. Eh.

Evil Ways the best track on here. Both of them sound good on that. beat fits them etc. But for a project heralded for "bars" this is some corny shyt. Cole handles it better but even he hits that cringe factor a few times. This just feels like a couple guys who understand that their younger peers can't do any of this, so it doesn't matter. First Person Shooter is more impressive, bar wise.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
agree with that, but still he sounds so more comfortable and confident than all the weird angsty whining on For All The Dogs

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
People wanted substance from Drake and got a song about the life and times of IG models and groupies. (The Shoe Fits) it is what is is and Drake is as deep as a puddle. I don’t need those type of tracks from him. That track is cringey coming from a 38 year old

Ironically…I think I like that song the most :pachaha:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I will say The Shoe Fits is some Jay tier "make multiple people/groups shaking mad with some shyt talk" stuff. Breh lit up uppity Onlyfans, bum ass nikkas pretending to be ballers, Joe Budden, and whoever the thot is that he was talking about getting abused in the first verse. Man lol.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
My bro song is from 3 years ago. lol.

You realize there is actually a 0% chance Drake heard your boy's whack ass song right? He was sent the beat, bought it, and went with it. That is all that happened :mjlol:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
For All The Dogs is 23 tracks of mostly mid production features where Drake is outshined on nearly every track.

Scary Hoes 3 is 6 really good songs that should satisfy most “rap purists” who have been wanting a 100% rap release from him.

You are the reason why Owen Hart was allowed in the Nation, absolutely disgusting :camby:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Post stalking you in a thread we're both in?

Where is the plea copping? Lmao, I literally told you to get some self respect again. And nikka it's 9 o clock. We both posting on the same website. I guess we both need to go get some money.

Emotional ass lmao. I made a joke, you'll be okay

Anybody that doesn't have that tryhard fakkit @EastsideRio on ignore is wasting their time. Biggest dikksucker the Coli has ever seen, word to Nap :mjlol:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I will say The Shoe Fits is some Jay tier "make multiple people/groups shaking mad with some shyt talk" stuff. Breh lit up uppity Onlyfans, bum ass nikkas pretending to be ballers, Joe Budden, and whoever the thot is that he was talking about getting abused in the first verse. Man lol.

We get it bruh, Drake fukked your mother, sister, and wife. Just stop posting in these threads :umad: