Dragonball Z "Ginyu Assault" Episode Un-Appreciation Thread

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
So much truth in this thread. :lolbron:
shyt used to have me beyond fed. Couldn't wait to get home each and every time, only to have my dreams shattered. shyt was worse than getting that summer school letter th last day of school. :sadcam:

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Honestly, I don't mind the Garlic Jr saga :manny:

Yeah, dude was a corny villain, but it was actually refreshing to give Goku a break and give the other characters a chance to save the day for once. It's too bad Yamcha got possessed by that mist. They missed the perfect chance to have him be able to actually help out and do something.

Gohan got to save the day, which was actually pretty dope :gladbron:
(and it foreshadows him saving the world against Cell in the end)

That was the last time my boy Krillin got any real shine :to:
(outside of saving that girl at the airport)
Krillin stayed putting in work in the 23rd up until the the androids showed up.
After that, it was a wrap for pretty much anyone who wasn't Piccolo or a Saiyan.

Rolling in the red lambo with his lady :win:

Coming through with that smooth criminal suit :wow:

Putting in that work against Garlic Jr and his goons :whoo:

When one of them CAUGHT his destructo disc :beli:

krillin-suit.jpg

:mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj::mj:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Sure it was a dope episode, the first few times. How pissed were you when that episode kept popping up from time to time as a youngin when the old eps rebooted. You had just watched a powered up SSJ Goku take down Frieza, then supposedly die with the planet exploding, only to find out he's still alive :krs:. Then you see the previews for the next ep and that dude from the Deadzone movie is returning. So you're like :myman::cook:...getting ready for some more piff. Then the next day comes and you start seeing the previous ep recap showing the Ginyu Force again :wtf:. Maybe it's a BIG recap for the entire saga :yeshrug:. Then the ep title says "GINYU ASSAULT".

:dwillhuh::mindblown::shaq2::sadcam:

At that age I didn't really know about cartoons having different seasons that aired over time. When Toonami said we were getting new eps, I didn't think shyt will stop like that. Especially after teasing us with previews.

Though after multiple reboots of the same old eps, Toonami finally hit us with the Rising Sun and this little bit:youngsabo:

The saga was meh, but it was new DBZ and I remember being hyped as fukk seeing those promos...
From what I rememeber during Namek saga, they used to go all the way back to the tree of might shyt, shyt would have irritated me even more had I knew the whole series was complete/done already

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
This shyt right here is probably what got me to really use the internet. After about a year I was searching to see what was up with everything DBZ, wound up finding sites like DBZUncensored and Planet Namek. Found out about DBZ games for the NES and SNES...became the first time I tried using ROMS and emulators.

Outside of that, bought those crappy english sub Majin Buu saga vids where the characters were swearing every sentence and watching a channel where they would play DBZ and some other anime, no subs, just straight Japanese, no clue what the fukk they were saying, lol. shyt, I think Telemundo was airing DBZ eps uncensored like 5 in the morning, wound up watching that shyt too.

Telemundo was ahead of Toonami episodes by a landslide. For example when Toonami was on The beginning stages of Goku turning SS. Telemundo was Introducing Future Trunks, then start over before the Androids appeared. I still can't believe they use to show the original uncut Japanese episodes

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
What made it worse was the old EGM magazines I used to get back in the day would have this japanese anime import section in the back. Seeing those posters of the Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and some dude with a sword and purple jacket, all SSJ had a young nikka like :dwillhuh:

From what I rememeber during Namek saga, they used to go all the way back to the tree of might shyt, shyt would have irritated me even more had I knew the whole series was complete/done already
Oh yeah I forgot about that. They would split that movie up into like 3 eps :stopitslime:. I was like, "dude, I already saw those eps as a full length movie :dahell:"

Speaking of the movies, remember when Toonami would air the first 3 every president's day for like 2-3 years...

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Telemundo was ahead of Toonami episodes by a landslide. For example when Toonami was on The beginning stages of Goku turning SS. Telemundo was Introducing Future Trunks, then start over before the Androids appeared. I still can't believe they use to show the original uncut Japanese episodes
man I forgot all about them showing dbz
Used to watch that shyt in the am before school

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:russ:What was Jeice doing on the Ginyu Force anyway? Captain Ginyu was strong as fukk, could switch bodies and was the leader. Burter was fast, Recoome was pretty much invincible and Guldo could stop time. What could Jeice do besides speak with an Australian accent while being from space.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:What was Jeice doing on the Ginyu Force anyway? Captain Ginyu was strong as fukk, could switch bodies and was the leader. Burter was fast, Recoome was pretty much invincible and Guldo could stop time. What could Jeice do besides speak with an Australian accent while being from space.

Wasn't Jeice as strong or stronger than Recoome?