Dragonball Z "Ginyu Assault" Episode Un-Appreciation Thread

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Sure it was a dope episode, the first few times. How pissed were you when that episode kept popping up from time to time as a youngin when the old eps rebooted. You had just watched a powered up SSJ Goku take down Frieza, then supposedly die with the planet exploding, only to find out he's still alive :krs:. Then you see the previews for the next ep and that dude from the Deadzone movie is returning. So you're like :myman::cook:...getting ready for some more piff. Then the next day comes and you start seeing the previous ep recap showing the Ginyu Force again :wtf:. Maybe it's a BIG recap for the entire saga :yeshrug:. Then the ep title says "GINYU ASSAULT".

:dwillhuh::mindblown::shaq2::sadcam:

At that age I didn't really know about cartoons having different seasons that aired over time. When Toonami said we were getting new eps, I didn't think shyt will stop like that. Especially after teasing us with previews.

Though after multiple reboots of the same old eps, Toonami finally hit us with the Rising Sun and this little bit:youngsabo:

The saga was meh, but it was new DBZ and I remember being hyped as fukk seeing those promos...

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Nah the episode that was the stopping point on Toonami was the one were Goku takes down Recoome... after the episode finished they even gave you the preview for the next episode and then the next day you see Radditz and you're like:patrice::why:
You know I completely forgot about that. I didn't fukk with DBZ until a little before season 3 started to air. I actually got into it the perfect time cuz I was able to watch from the start of the series up until Goku facing Recoome, and then right into the new eps when they aired.You guys actually had it worse now that I think about. But that season 3 promo though...

:banderas:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Nah the episode that was the stopping point on Toonami was the one were Goku takes down Recoome... after the episode finished they even gave you the preview for the next episode and then the next day you see Radditz and you're like:patrice::why:
shyt had a young nikka sick... Come home all hype to see that shyt stared from the beginning like :sad::dwillhuh:

i would still watch them reruns tho :jawalrus:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
this right fukkin here

I remember when it first ran early saturday mornings on network TV, I watched every episode waiting for the new ones, they also aired the movies split into eps so it took a LONG time to get to that point at one ep a week, finally get to that Recoome ep and wake up extra early praying to jesus and allah that there would be new episodes...NOPE

then they start airing on toonami so surely this must mean new episodes right...NOPE. This shyt literally lasted for years

shyt got so bad I used our computer lab time at middle school to watch subbed clips and plot summaries since I figured it was possible I'd never actually see the rest of the series...I even watched unsubbed japanese eps on IFC. Japanese import stores were selling subbed episodes on VHS for like $50...these shyts had like 4 episodes a piece and were shytty quality these a$$holes were out here exploiting the shyt out of us dejected kids

by the time they finally got to airing the new episodes it was bittersweet...I already knew everything that was gonna happen...I had an imported SSJ Goku toy and his appearance on american TV was still like 6 months away

Anytime I see nikkas complain about anime release delays now I laugh, yall must've forgot the real struggle. They got episodes airing simultaneously in japan/USA now. People whined about how long it took that last DBZ movie to come out, after it was released on DVD it was literally subbed and online the next day. If you were an anime fan in the early/mid 90s you know what true pain is

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Shoutout to Krillin for putting in work in the Garlic Jr. saga. Instead of dying like a bytch......again :beli:

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
this right fukkin here

I remember when it first ran early saturday mornings on network TV, I watched every episode waiting for the new ones, they also aired the movies split into eps so it took a LONG time to get to that point at one ep a week, finally get to that Recoome ep and wake up extra early praying to jesus and allah that there would be new episodes...NOPE

then they start airing on toonami so surely this must mean new episodes right...NOPE. This shyt literally lasted for years

shyt got so bad I used our computer lab time at middle school to watch subbed clips and plot summaries since I figured it was possible I'd never actually see the rest of the series...I even watched unsubbed japanese eps on IFC. Japanese import stores were selling subbed episodes on VHS for like $50...these shyts had like 4 episodes a piece and were shytty quality these @ssholes were out here exploiting the shyt out of us dejected kids

by the time they finally got to airing the new episodes it was bittersweet...I already knew everything that was gonna happen...I had an imported SSJ Goku toy and his appearance on american TV was still like 6 months away

Anytime I see nikkas complain about anime release delays now I laugh, yall must've forgot the real struggle. They got episodes airing simultaneously in japan/USA now. People whined about how long it took that last DBZ movie to come out, after it was released on DVD it was literally subbed and online the next day. If you were an anime fan in the early/mid 90s you know what true pain is

The Struggle was hard back then. I remember buying those 20 dollars English dub uncut tapes from fye. :to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I don't mind the Garlic Jr saga :manny:

Yeah, dude was a corny villain, but it was actually refreshing to give Goku a break and give the other characters a chance to save the day for once. It's too bad Yamcha got possessed by that mist. They missed the perfect chance to have him be able to actually help out and do something.

Gohan got to save the day, which was actually pretty dope :gladbron:
(and it foreshadows him saving the world against Cell in the end)

That was the last time my boy Krillin got any real shine :to:
(outside of saving that girl at the airport)
Krillin stayed putting in work in the 23rd up until the the androids showed up.
After that, it was a wrap for pretty much anyone who wasn't Piccolo or a Saiyan.

Rolling in the red lambo with his lady :win:

Coming through with that smooth criminal suit :wow:

Putting in that work against Garlic Jr and his goons :whoo:

When one of them CAUGHT his destructo disc :beli:

Last edited:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This shyt right here is probably what got me to really use the internet. After about a year I was searching to see what was up with everything DBZ, wound up finding sites like DBZUncensored and Planet Namek. Found out about DBZ games for the NES and SNES...became the first time I tried using ROMS and emulators.

Outside of that, bought those crappy english sub Majin Buu saga vids where the characters were swearing every sentence and watching a channel where they would play DBZ and some other anime, no subs, just straight Japanese, no clue what the fukk they were saying, lol. shyt, I think Telemundo was airing DBZ eps uncensored like 5 in the morning, wound up watching that shyt too.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This shyt right here is probably what got me to really use the internet. After about a year I was searching to see what was up with everything DBZ, wound up finding sites like DBZUncensored and Planet Namek. Found out about DBZ games for the NES and SNES...became the first time I tried using ROMS and emulators.

Outside of that, bought those crappy english sub Majin Buu saga vids where the characters were swearing every sentence and watching a channel where they would play DBZ and some other anime, no subs, just straight Japanese, no clue what the fukk they were saying, lol. shyt, I think Telemundo was airing DBZ eps uncensored like 5 in the morning, wound up watching that shyt too.

:wtf:

But The Garlic Jr. saga was a refreshing break.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bojack Unbound was alright, but it would have been even better if there had been another full saga between Cell and Buu.

The return of Future Trunks :blessed:

Give 18 some actual shine before she gets thrown into the bushes in the Buu Saga :blessed:

have some :flabbynsick: villains for Krillin and Tien to beat :blessed:

Have Piccolo actually murk somebody with his newfound Kami fusion :blessed:

Have Yamcha actually be remotely useful for once :blessed: