Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How's the series so far brehs? I've been waiting to see how people respond to this one before jumping in.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How's the series so far brehs? I've been waiting to see how people respond to this one before jumping in.

So far, it's basically just the Battle of the Gods movie dragged out into a 10-episode or so arc. :manny:

Nothing particularly bad about it, but if you've seen the movie then you know what's going to happen.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
for the record i have not seen either BOG or ROF.... but if freeza srsly comes back in the series and that shyt becomes canon then i'm out.

there's no conceivable that could be any good. it reeks of unoriginality and panderism. freeza is dead. we all know he was a great villain (his name still rings bells, beerus referenced him in the last episode)... but it let it be.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
for the record i have not seen either BOG or ROF.... but if freeza srsly comes back in the series and that shyt becomes canon then i'm out.

there's no conceivable that could be any good. it reeks of unoriginality and panderism. freeza is dead. we all know he was a great villain (his name still rings bells, beerus referenced him in the last episode)... but it let it be.

It's already confirmed that RoF is canon and will be adapted into the series. If it bothers you that much then :manny: .

Basically the first two arcs will cover the two movies, then after that there will be a new arc involving them going to an alternate universe.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
sad to think that this was the FIRST fight of the series, and not only that but between goku and beerus to boot. this should have been treated like a much bigger deal.

unless of course i truly have no idea what it's in store and that fight really ends up being a small blip on the radar.
Yeah I'm thinking they're gonna be lazy with the animation for alot of the stuff that's being retold. I can see why they would pull that but it still doesn't make sense and sucks for the fans. Yall that haven't seen Battle of the Gods might as well peep it now cuz the animation is so much better.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It's already confirmed that RoF is canon and will be adapted into the series. If it bothers you that much then :manny: .

Basically the first two arcs will cover the two movies, then after that there will be a new arc involving them going to an alternate universe.
I don't think they said the 3 arcs would be back to back, I think they just said those 3 arcs was confirmed, no?

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
People nitpicking the inbetween animation? Unless you used to like AoT or some shyt, that won't even affect you

It was very Naruto-esque tbh, the number of quick secondary events occurring in the fights will lead to flabbiness, especially seeing as how you're working with a week to week basis (or in some cases, which may apply here, you're trying to get a show out as fast as possible and you skimp on some of the early episodes to keep people sated)

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Yeah I'm thinking they're gonna be lazy with the animation for alot of the stuff that's being retold. I can see why they would pull that but it still doesn't make sense and sucks for the fans. Yall that haven't seen Battle of the Gods might as well peep it now cuz the animation is so much better.
As they should, the events that are NEW in those arcs are gonna obviously get more attention than a battle that was like 3 minutes at best in the movie. They actually fleshed it out which was nice.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I honestly would be happy if they took like 2-3 weeks for each ep instead of weekly if the quality would be better. Do we know if we're gonna get these eps in seasonal spurts or all at once?

Daps
Reppin
Canada
936full-dragon-ball-z%3A-fusion-reborn-screenshot.jpg

dragon-ball-super-episode-5-goku-beerus-saiyan.jpg

:upsetfavre:jesus fukking Christ I know there was some bad animation in the og dbz but come on they didn't even try here!!!
That's from the Janemba movie.