Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This whole arc is dumb and there's no real highstakes threat. It's just a game and we know we won't lose. It's even against the rules to kill ppl.... I'm just ready to move on so a real villain can appear.

I actually wonder if this tournament arc is gonna end up like the Majin Buu saga. Were it starts with a harmless tourney and then evolves into the biggest threat ever.

They've spent time introducing characters and giving them some semblance of motivation or backstory. Considering the tournament is one big ass Battle Royal I'm not sure what was the point of doing that if there's not gonna be some bigger story involving all the universes :patrice:

Then again, even if this ends up becoming a giant storyline, it just gonna end up nerfing 98% of the characters with the villain throwing everyone in the bushes in 1 or 2 eps :heh: :francis:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
I watched ep. 91, why is old kai casually bringing up he can unlock Goku's power. It's been here years since he did it for Gohan, why not do it for Goku/Vegeta long ago. :mjlol:

Hell, all he had to do was bring it up after they learned about the tourney and go in the hyperbolic time chamber. They would have been in and out in about 30 minutes tops.

Same thing with Buu falling asleep, that's the type of shyt you let everyone know beforehand so they can keep the hyperbolic time chamber unbooked and use it for that sort of shyt.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I watched ep. 91, why is old kai casually bringing up he can unlock Goku's power. It's been here years since he did it for Gohan, why not do it for Goku/Vegeta long ago. :mjlol:

Hell, all he had to do was bring it up after they learned about the tourney and go in the hyperbolic time chamber. They would have been in and out in about 30 minutes tops.

Same thing with Buu falling asleep, that's the type of shyt you let everyone know beforehand so they can keep the hyperbolic time chamber unbooked and use it for that sort of shyt.

Dragon Ball stupid Super

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was always under the impression that the old kai was unlocking Gohan's "Hidden" potential. Basically unlocking that burst of power he would get when he got really mad. This was unique to Gohan and was what made him special. It's the reason we have a mystic Gohan.

If old kai can do it to for anyone then it loses all significance. Basically everyone can have a mystic form if that's the case which is dumb. Not everyone has hidden potential.

I also thought I heard in an episode that you could only use the hyperbolic time chamber twice in a lifetime but maybe it was a translation error and it was only twice before the cell games.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain

Spoilers for episodes 94-98. Not confirmed yet so take with a grain of salt. But if they right we in for some fukkery yo

Finally, that old b*stard got his head out of his ass and decided to be creative. I wasn't even keen on seeing Frieza on universe 7. I think they may find a way to wake Buu but if the latter does not happen then either Perfect Cell joins or somehow Pikkon becomes cannon. If it's Yamcha then it will be literally a human team.

Last edited:

Selfish

Banned
Daps

Maybe there was no real use for them doing since there was no imminent threat.

Can't you fukking put this in spoilers breh :beli:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
I was always under the impression that the old kai was unlocking Gohan's "Hidden" potential. Basically unlocking that burst of power he would get when he got really mad. This was unique to Gohan and was what made him special. It's the reason we have a mystic Gohan.

If old kai can do it to for anyone then it loses all significance. Basically everyone can have a mystic form if that's the case which is dumb. Not everyone has hidden potential.

I also thought I heard in an episode that you could only use the hyperbolic time chamber twice in a lifetime but maybe it was a translation error and it was only twice before the cell games.

Old Kai said he could do it for Goku and then the younger Kai said there wouldn't be enough time as there's 25 hours left.

Basically the thing old kai did was always a load of shyt. Saiyans are said to have unlimited potential and yet he unlocked Gohan's? That doesn't make any sense.

And you can only use the hyperbolic time chamber twice in a lifetime, but they completely decided to scratch that and Vegeta can use it whenever he wants apparently(same with Goku).

They also said that there's only 28 planets in universe 7 with mortal life. :mjlol: Frieza used to run a slavery thing with planets/races yet they're trying to say there's only 28 planets with mortal life, meanwhile Vegeta woke up on "planet 76" way back when suggesting there's way more than that. Show is filled with inconsistent plotholes.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
If Dragon ball turning to fanservice can we get Pikkon in this bytch
giphy.gif