Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Basically the heaters been plotting on freiza for 40years:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Why didn’t they make a move on freiza army after freiza died the 2nd time?:jbhmm::jbhmm:
Freiza army was scattered across the galaxy with no real ruler:jbhmm:
Their timing is terrible

:demonic: they wanted Frieza to have it all back to take it all away from him again.

RIP to the voice actor.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
First off, RIP to Chris Ayres :mjcry:

Second: For all this talk about Frieza, he still ain't show up yet in this arc. For some reason, I imagine some TFS type shyt where he's right now at the corner of the universe somewhere sipping some wine just chilling - maybe, just maybe, he's starting to get over his hatred of Goku and leave well enough alone. :ehh:

Then Granolah pulls up to beat his ass talmbout revenge for the Cerealians AND the Saiyans that his friend Goku is proudly apart of. :russ:

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
First off, RIP to Chris Ayres :mjcry:

Second: For all this talk about Frieza, he still ain't show up yet in this arc. For some reason, I imagine some TFS type shyt where he's right now at the corner of the universe somewhere sipping some wine just chilling - maybe, just maybe, he's starting to get over his hatred of Goku and leave well enough alone. :ehh:

Then Granolah pulls up to beat his ass talmbout revenge for the Cerealians AND the Saiyans that his friend Goku is proudly apart of. :russ:

Think Frieza is training some where

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
These manga panels got me fukked up. When that text bubble from Goku's mom said, "Uh yeah, of course you missed his birth!", I thought for a split second that it was Granolah's mom saying that and Granolah was implied to be Bardock's b*stard son and Goku's half brother.

But then I realized that would be too deep for Dragon Ball and Tori would never. :mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
These manga panels got me fukked up. When that text bubble from Goku's mom said, "Uh yeah, of course you missed his birth!", I thought for a split second that it was Granolah's mom saying that and Granolah was implied to be Bardock's b*stard son and Goku's half brother.

But then I realized that would be too deep for Dragon Ball and Tori would never. :mjlol:

now I wanna see Bardock at the wall entrance with :shaq: edited on him. lol

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Nothing really except maybe he could possibly make goku care about his sayian heritage?
Which would change what exactly?

Yes Goku has never cared

But him being interested in his father won't change anything about Goku's upbringing because he was still raised by Gohan, and he still hit his head. All this is add a little character development because Goku desperately needs it. Especially in Super because they took a step back and toned his character down :francis:

And Bardock being changed does nothing to the story what so ever. And it's it Toriyama's Bardock. He didn't even write the TV Special Bardock.

So they turned Bardock into Jor-El. Who cares?

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Which would change what exactly?

Yes Goku has never cared

But him being interested in his father won't change anything about Goku because he was still raised by Gohan, and he still hit his head.

And Bardock being changed does nothing to the story what so ever. And it's it Toriyama's Bardock. He didn't even write the TV Special Bardock.
One thing Goku possibly being invested in his father is some much needed development :yeshrug:Goku has been the same exact person the entire Super run. Vegeta has openly acknowledged he can't be that guy who wanted to conquer everyone else. Piccolo is a legitimate mentor and Uncle at this point. Gohan has walked away from battle to be a father and husband. Krillins more of a full time Dad and Husband. Maybe knowing more about Bardock could spark something :yeshrug:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I think people don't like the new Bardock because it makes Goku less special.
Goku was supposed to be an aberration from the typical Saiyan nature. Now people will think Goku inherited his kindness from his father. Plus the whole idea that Raditz told Goku he was sent to Earth to destroy it and now he was sent there to keep him safe from Frieza.

Fans take retcons to heart because it fukks with what they knew or what they were originally originally told. The thing is, it doesn't have to be. Both things could be true. Goku being sent to Earth to destroy it from Raditz's view, just like he was sent to Earth from Bardock's view to protect him. Both things can still be true. The issue is alot of DB fans (and anime fans in general) lack any type of free thinking to be able to piece everything together. They need everything to be explicitly told to them, and if not then they're completely lost :francis: