Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
So is Super worth watching?

It's worth watching. If you've watch the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies, then you can skip the first 30 or so episodes. The animation quality is crap for the most part due to everyone mostly working on One Piece. It picks up in the end though. It doesn't have the super long fights of the Z series, which to me lowers the epic nature of what you think of a Dragon Ball fight. At the same time they just get it over with. I would definitely say to watch Super before the movie comes out.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The new movie trailer says Goku and Vegeta were born at the same time. This retcons the series where Vegeta is older than him. Why did they do this?

So that Goku and Vegeta can canonically perform the Fusion Dance to summon Gogeta. Calling it from now.

I gotta look into this further with the vegeta age thing because it seems to be the only thing the movie retcons most of the other stuff was from the the anime. Toriyama's manga never showed Goku's backstory or anything that happened on Planet Vegeta only explained it.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
The new movie trailer says Goku and Vegeta were born at the same time. This retcons the series where Vegeta is older than him. Why did they do this?

So that Goku and Vegeta can canonically perform the Fusion Dance to summon Gogeta. Calling it from now.
Huh? Age doesnt matter in fusion. Trunks is older than Goten. Also Vegeta is clearly older than Goku in the trailer.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Huh? Age doesnt matter in fusion. Trunks is older than Goten. Also Vegeta is clearly older than Goku in the trailer.

Well in the original series it said they had to be around the same age. Goku was a baby while Vegeta was like 5-6 or even older. Now they’re similar in age.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Well in the original series it said they had to be around the same age. Goku was a baby while Vegeta was like 5-6 or even older. Now they’re similar in age.

I dont believe there was an age requirement. But, the two users had to have a synchronized power level and roughly same size

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

I don’t think they’re implying they’re the same age. Just cuz they show both of em when they were babies doesn’t mean that it was around the same time. Could just be different flashbacks. You can also peep Vegeta as he’s a lil older in the trailer too. Him there could be around the same time Goku and Broly were born.

Could be wrong tho :yeshrug:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I don’t think they’re implying they’re the same age. Just cuz they show both of em when they were babies doesn’t mean that it was around the same time. Could just be different flashbacks. You can also peep Vegeta as he’s a lil older in the trailer too. Him there could be around the same time Goku and Broly were born.

Could be wrong tho :yeshrug:

The translated trailer says Goku, Vegeta, and Broly were born around the same time.