Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
ima be honest im not fukking with the animation in that trailer, I feel like they caved into the nostalgia crowd who complained about how they wanted the old style back during the peak of supers criticism for like the first year of the show... but clearly theyve picked it up and I dont see how anyone would wanna change the style now following the beauty that is the tournament of power.. that's just me tho:manny:

I am however hyped for the actual movie tho, Goku's fighting another saiyan, its pretty clear when it says "A saiyan has no limits. Earth has Goku." and a screencap shows the person with saiyan hair/eyebrows so I'm guessing this is Yamoshi who Toriyama mentioned in a interview a few months back as the first ever SSJG, and Goku probably wished him back with the super dragon balls and Toriyama said he's pure hearted(which you have to be in order to even become a SSJG) so I dont think he's a "villain"
People still complain about the style, it's just the staff animating it is better. And besides, the art style that received the most praise was Yuya Takahashi's, which completely ignored Yamamuro's modern shyt in favor of the old Cell/Buu arc style.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
People still complain about the style, it's just the staff animating it is better. And besides, the art style that received the most praise was Yuya Takahashi's, which completely ignored Yamamuro's modern shyt in favor of the old Cell/Buu arc style.
I don't pay close attention to who animates what, but whoever's been animating the climax of the TOP needs to be doing the movie

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
29365788_501267090271293_8759222514678235136_n.jpg

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Brehs is it too late for me too catch up? I signed up for crunchy roll but they got the Japanese version with English subtitles but Amazon has all 3 seasons

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta

edit nvm its posted

I like the old animation style filter. Man i miss that type of anime

Hell yea. This old school hand-drawn feel got me hype. Super (TV) would've been perfect if it looked like this... and had (more) blood... and didn't have trash writing, dumbass retcons and asspull galore.

But, I digress, I can"t wait for this.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Brehs is it too late for me too catch up? I signed up for crunchy roll but they got the Japanese version with English subtitles but Amazon has all 3 seasons

All of Super isn't dubbed yet if that's what you're lookin for. They're currently on the Goku Black arc which is like a year behind.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
It's too late around here. We getting ready for the last episode. Avoid this thread and every other Dragon Ball thread unless you want to be spoiled

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Hell yea. This old school hand-drawn feel got me hype. Super (TV) would've been perfect if it looked like this... and had (more) blood... and didn't have trash writing, dumbass retcons and asspull galore.

But, I digress, I can"t wait for this.
Won't happen as long as the show comes on in the morning Japan doesn't play with those rating restrictions:ufdup:

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
ima be honest im not fukking with the animation in that trailer, I feel like they caved into the nostalgia crowd who complained about how they wanted the old style back during the peak of supers criticism for like the first year of the show... but clearly theyve picked it up and I dont see how anyone would wanna change the style now following the beauty that is the tournament of power.. that's just me tho:manny:
This isn't caving to nostalgia tho. Buu saga didn't look like this. They went this route because it's probably a lot easier to animate

I feel you tho. After Takahashi and especially Shida I'm not really fukking with the new animation :manny:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
All of Super isn't dubbed yet if that's what you're lookin for. They're currently on the Goku Black arc which is like a year behind.
Yea that’s what i meant but iite. Tried watching episode one but reading all them subtitles was just too much for me

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn GOATku was bodyin Jiren again even with his power-up. I had a feeling his power might not hold up once he seemed to hit "Perfect" Instinct which seems to have a "Kaio-Ken x10" effect as far as limited time in the form. Now #17 poppin up had me like WTF?, his sacrifice made sense but I guess Dr. Gero wasn't playing when he said the Androids had unlimited energy, lol. I get Freeza was around and was expecting him to do something (I can't lie, I thought Freeza had shot Goku in the Back at first, lol). Now all the sudden we got a weak Goku again and #17 and Freeza teaming up. Wow, I hope they make next week a full hour episode (45 minutes plus commercials) if this is really the finale. As for the 20th Dragon Ball Film, I'm excited, they taking it back with a retro/nostalgia style animation. The character he was fighting seemed like a possible Saiyan too though they purposely have hid his identity. Love that he's got his Power Pole/Bow back too. My feeling is if this is the end for now, They should take the rest of the year off. Then drop the movie in Dec as planned. After that reintroduce the series in 2019 (Probably around February) which would be close to a year off. These guys have been pretty much working for 3 straight years with limited break weeks.

Dragon-Ball-Super-Movie-2018-Details.png

latest

(THE LEGEND CONTINUES...........................)

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Im just glad they FINALLY smartened up and went with a goddamn worldwide release.

Sick and tired of waiting damn near a year for dubs.

Toei not acting retarded anymore.

And the fights with that smooth animation will be the GOAT in anime.