Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, it’s been reported from multiple Japanese sites that Toriyama is not happy the way the anime is going.

I’ve been told the manga and the anime are worlds apart, but because DBS super comes on at 9:00 am in Japan; The violence has been toned down.
They gotta make it raw again. That’s whats missing :mjcry:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Somewhat spoilers for the end of super

but man it makes sense Kale is so whack and caulifla is bearable. Also UI seems to be something that Tori kind of just was like meh goku needs a new power up that is SSJ. A lot of people don't like how he does things but I like his free flow writing even with the plot holes or retcons he has to make sometimes. Most of the stuff I dont like seems to be added by the team not really Tori.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I don't understand how people are mad. The same people was like, "we're getting the same ole storyline Goku is the hero" then we get hit with a plot twist and y'all still mad

Because it doesn’t make sense...

When it comes to plots, it isn’t just the destination that’s important. It’s how you get there.

But whatever, it is what it is. All I can hope for are good fight scenes. :francis:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Somewhat spoilers for the end of super

but man it makes sense Kale is so whack and caulifla is bearable.
I didnt read whats in the tweet cause I'm trying to dodge the spoiler but its about the fact that kale was designed by toei and caulifa was made by toriyama right?
IMO Kale as a character>>>Caulifa. Kale has shown some of the MOST character development in the ToP along with toppo and the androids. She may have more than them as well.

Caulifa had potential to be the better character. Considering she was the character who has been recognized as the saiyan allstar in U6, had cabba like :whoa: , and she ran a mob, she had a good setup. Kale seemed like she would be the 1 dimensional character who orbits caulifa but the opposite happened. Kale went from being a timid self loathing character who thought she was beneath everyone and would lose caulifa any second to being confident, enjoying the ToP, becoming a legit saiyan, etc.through caulifa's speeches.

caulifa on the other hand didn't evolve at all. Her whole tournament character was "goku show me some piff :feedme:" "ok now you're done for :smugbiden:" "how do i power up like that " "you'll regret teaching me that :umad:"

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I have a theory that Goku will lose all his Ki at the end of the tournament due to the Delayed Ki Onset Disease. If you recall this is the condition he found himself in after using the SSB Kaioken x20. In the TOP Goku has used the SSJ Kaioken x20 more times than we can count. He'll probably lose all his powers when everything is said and done.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how people are mad. The same people was like, "we're getting the same ole storyline Goku is the hero" then we get hit with a plot twist and y'all still mad
Me, personally, I always want Goku to win. Preferably dominant like he did Frieza. All this mastered UI hype only for him to still lose? fukking garbage.