Dragon Ball Z Kai Buu Saga Begins Today

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
a preview of it not greatest quality due too it being recorded when i found it

there suppose too fix any discrepancies from previous dbz and more close too manga :obama:

I was told that's the difference in DBZ & DVZ:Kai. Kai is truer to the manga, but I still like my Toonami I grew up with. Kai just irritates me.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I was told that's the difference in DBZ & DVZ:Kai. Kai is truer to the manga, but I still like my Toonami I grew up with. Kai just irritates me.

i like kai more granted its less blood and missing diff scenes but it doesn't drag out and it gets straight too the point and removes all the fillers now some fillers aren't that bad i must admit

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
i like kai more granted its less blood and missing diff scenes but it doesn't drag out and it gets straight too the point and removes all the fillers now some fillers aren't that bad i must admit
I thought Kai had more blood? They say b*stard and stuff that wasn't in the Toonami version to my understanding

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

I thought Kai had more blood? They say b*stard and stuff that wasn't in the Toonami version to my understanding

Hmmm...interesting. I saw they were running DBZ:GT on Nicktoons over the weekend I spent an hour staring at the tv.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
so whats different in the manga than what happened in the cartoon, never read the manga

found a link but here is overview of whats filler in buu saga

Great Saiyaman Saga
Main article: Great Saiyaman Saga

The Alien Announcer
  • All scenes with Grand Kai and Pikkon (this applies to later sagas as well).
  • The events of the Other World Tournament and much of Goku's stay in the afterlife.
  • Many of Gohan's high school ordeals (i.e. the episodes "Gohan's First Date" and "Blackmail").
  • Most of Videl's quest to unmask Great Saiyaman/Gohan in the anime is filler. In the manga, Videl tricks Great Saiyaman into revealing his identity on their very first meeting.
World Tournament Saga
Main article: World Tournament Saga

• The Cell Games Reenactment (falsely but humorously reenacting the fight between Cell) video shown before the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament starts is anime filler.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Babidi Saga
Main article: Babidi Saga

• The Vegeta/Pui Pui fight is much shorter in the manga. In the manga, Pui Pui is killed almost immediately after the teleport to his homeworld. In the anime, Vegeta messes with him a little longer before striking theDouble Galick Cannon. The scene of Vegeta taking on a hopping, boxing stance before killing him is filler.
  • Babidi's men running to retrieve Yakon to fight at Stage Two, only to find themselves eaten alive by Yakon in his shadowy resting place. In the manga, Babidi orders his men to retrieve Yakon but we never see it happen - our first glimpse of Yakon in the original manga is emerging from the Stage Two door.
  • A portion of the fight between 18 and Mighty Mask (Goten & Trunks in disguise) is filler. In the manga 18 almost instantly realizes her opponent's identity and quickly finalizes the fight after Goten and Trunks transform into Super Saiyans.
  • Dabura meditating prior to fighting Gohan. In the manga, he went straight to Stage Three as soon as Yakon was killed.
  • The scene in which Babidi transports Dabura and Gohan, Goku, Supreme Kai, and Vegeta to another planet for their duel. In the manga, we join this fight "in progress" there after it had already begun.
  • Large portions of the fight between Gohan and Dabura, such as the entire time Gohan fights in his base form, are fillers.
  • Large portions of the Goku vs. Majin Vegeta are also fillers, for example the beam struggle.
  • Lots of the stuff that happens backstage during and after the tournament is filler. Examples include Killaattempting to touch Spopovich only to have his hand electrocuted, Goten and Trunks impersonating Mighty Mask's voice in the dressing room to fool the World Tournament Announcer, and Mr. Satan emerging from the showers backstage, only to have his towel fall off in front of the news reporters.
Majin Buu Saga
Main article: Majin Buu Saga

• Goku's Super Saiyan 3 demonstration on Kami's Lookout is filler.
  • The fight between Gotenks and the fat version of Majin Buu is filler. In the manga, it is referred to, but not shown.
  • The fight between Goten, Trunks, and Mr. Popo is completely filler.
  • All scenes of Trunks trying to find the Dragon Radar at Capsule Corporation are filler.
  • All scenes after Bee was healed by Majin Buu and before Mr. Satan was shot were filler. In the manga Mr. Satan is shot immediately after Buu heals Bee. Also, Mr. Satan is shot from behind in the anime.
Fusion Saga
Main article: Fusion Saga

• The scene when Super Buu assaults the Z Fighters at Kami's Lookout and turns them into chocolate to eat, while Piccolo and Gotenks are still trapped in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber consists of fillers. The event did occur in the manga, but was not depicted.
  • Segments of the fight between Gohan and Super Buu consist of fillers. For example, right after Buu absorbs Gotenks and Piccolo, he and Gohan fight rather evenly. In the manga, Buu almost immediately gains the upper hand, while in the anime it takes him some time to establish his dominance.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku before attacking Super Buu
  • Super Saiyan 3 Goku's fight with Super Buu is anime filler. In the manga, Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 and Buu charges at Goku but Buu immediately reverts to a lesser powerful state as the Gotenks fusion inside of him wears off. In the anime, Buu toys around with Goku a bit first before he reverts.
  • Goku and Vegeta's fight with Super Buu after he just absorbed Gohan. In the anime, Vegeta first attempts to fight Buu on his own, and Goku reluctantly joins him. After they get beat around for a bit, Vegeta ultimately agrees to join bodies with Goku. In the manga, this fight does not take place.
  • The fight between Vegito in his base form and Super Buu. In the manga, Vegito immediately transforms into a Super Saiyan, while in the anime, he first fights Buu in his normal state.
  • Large portions of the fight between Super Vegito and Super Buu are also anime fillers. For example, Buu attempting to destroy Vegito's body from the inside, as well as him launching a second wave of Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (while in the manga, he only uses this attack once), and also his massive barrier with which he attempts to destroy the entire zone, are all in the anime only.
  • The segments that feature Dabura in the afterlife joining Videl, Bulma and Chi-Chi on their search for Gohan, are all fillers.
  • Major portions of the action inside of Buu's head are also fillers. Examples are Goku and Vegeta encountering the huge worms, as well as them fighting thought forms of Super Buu in the shape of Gohan, Gotenks and Piccolo.
Kid Buu Saga
Main article: Kid Buu Saga

Buu absorbing the Grand Supreme Kai
  • The footage shown in the anime of Kid Buu fighting the Supreme Kais five million years ago is filler. It is not shown in the manga, only referenced.
  • Kid Buu showing up on Grand Kai's planet is completely filler. This goes for the vast majority of the Other World footage in the anime too.
  • Goku and Vegeta powering up to lure Buu to the Sacred World of the Kais. In the manga, no power up is performed as Buu finds the Saiyans immediately after he regenerated from Earth's explosion.
  • The fight between Super Saiyan 2 Goku and Kid Buu is completely filler. In the manga, Goku goes straight to Super Saiyan 3 where in the anime, he goes Super Saiyan 2 first.
  • In the anime, Vegeta realizes Goku is the only one who can fight Kid Buu after briefly fighting in his base form and being almost killed, but saved by Goku. In the manga, Vegeta realizes this from watching the fight between the two and does not get to fight Buu until Goku tells him he needs a minute to charge up.
  • Most of the one minute fight between Vegeta and Kid Buu is composed of fillers. In the manga the one minute goes by in only a few pages, while in the anime it goes on for a couple episodes.
  • While Majin Buu is fighting Kid Buu, Mr. Satan punches Bee several times in the head as a comic relief. It never happened in the manga
  • In the anime, Fat Buu distracts Kid Buu so that Mr. Satan can get Vegeta out of the way from Goku's spirit bomb, while in the manga, Mr. Satan grabs Vegeta straight after Goku finishes the spirit bomb, without Fat Buu's help at all.
  • The scenes in the episode "Spirit Bomb Triumphant" where Piccolo, Gohan, Trunks, and Goten return to Kami's Lookout, and are welcomed by their family and friends are only shown in the anime. This forms an inconsistency with the beginning of the following episode, where the group of four fighters is shown to be back at the cliff.
  • "Celebrations with Majin Buu" and "He's Always Late", the two episodes taking place in between the defeat of Kid Buu and the 10 years later, are all fillers. The manga jumps 10 years later almost immediately after the defeat of Kid Buu.
  • The scenes where Goku and Pan are participating in the festivities outside the World Tournament Arena are filler.
  • Portions of the fight between Goku and Uub are extended by filler; the fight between them only lasts a couple of pages in the manga but lasts several minutes in the anime.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Filler

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
found a link but here is overview of whats filler in buu saga

thats really stuff thats taken out, the other world stuff should remain.

the other world tournament was good in my opinion. goku vs pikkon was nice fight

gohan being saiyaman and everything involving that was wack as hell

everything else, if it moves the story along...cool