Dragon Ball Z + Bruce Faulconer = GOAT

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I think they were just following suit from the shytty precedent the ocean dub set before they got the rights. ocean dub changed the score first, "americanized" the script and censored a lot of goofy shyt so I think they just figured that's what they had to do to sell it in america. all of funi's dubs they put out around the same time and after (like yu yu hakusho) were great
:mjlol: Ocean dub was fire.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
This is even a discussion :gucci:

Look at how the music enhances this scene right here

:wow:

That Vegeta theme :wow:

The only people who disagree are anime weaboos :pachaha:

That scene god damn :to:
:wow: pure fukking goatnesss with that score
nikkas is crazy yo
That vegeta theme is so good man when I’m on my runs I always use that song to run faster when it comes on(it helps that its short so I don’t gas out) :banderas:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Plus nikkas tryna say oh Bruce ain’t do it cuz he just slapped his name on it.
Well so what it doesn’t take away that that fukking American soundtrack is FLAMES MAN JUST STRAIGHT UP FLAMMES :damn:

Also the entire score is on Apple music too :wow:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
when the keys come in for Vegeta's theme :damn:

That scene god damn :to:
:wow: pure fukking goatnesss with that score
nikkas is crazy yo
That vegeta theme is so good man when I’m on my runs I always use that song to run faster when it comes on(it helps that its short so I don’t gas out) :banderas:

As soon as the piano started playing you just knew you were about to see something epic from Vegeta :banderas:

Daps
Plus nikkas tryna say oh Bruce ain’t do it cuz he just slapped his name on it.
Well so what it doesn’t take away that that fukking American soundtrack is FLAMES MAN JUST STRAIGHT UP FLAMMES :damn:

Also the entire score is on Apple music too :wow:

It's a strawman take; if you wanna criticize people for taking credit for work that's not theirs when it comes to DB's music... why not talk about the "faithful" Japanese composers that straight up plagiarized for the entirety of Kai and the videogame soundtracks :mjlol::unimpressed:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's a strawman take; if you wanna criticize people for taking credit for work that's not theirs when it comes to DB's music... why not talk about the "faithful" Japanese composers that straight up plagiarized for the entirety of Kai and the videogame soundtracks :mjlol::unimpressed:
That was Kenji Yamamoto, dumbass :mjlol:

SHunsuke Kikcuhi composed all of DB and DBZ, Kenji did the video games and Kai

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
I think Faulconer's score played a big part in Dragon Ball Z blowing up in America. I just don't see it happening with the original score, which sounded like it was from an old Godzilla movie. This isn't a diss to those Japanese composers because I actually like a lot of the songs, but the sound itself was dated and would've been out of place on TV in the what, early 2000s when it aired on CN. They had to change it to something if they wanted the show to have a chance, something more suitable for the time.

Dude's name only comes up TEN times :russ:

I gotta stop calling it Faulconer's soundtrack. That nikka didn't do shyt, damn. I'll just call it the Funi soundtrack, I guess.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think Faulconer's score played a big part in Dragon Ball Z blowing up in America. I just don't see it happening with the original score, which sounded like it was from an old Godzilla movie. This isn't a diss to those Japanese composers because I actually like a lot of the songs, but the sound itself was dated and would've been out of place on TV in the what, early 2000s when it aired on CN. They had to change it to something if they wanted the show to have a chance, something more suitable for the time.

I gotta stop calling it Faulconer's soundtrack. That nikka didn't do shyt, damn. I'll just call it the Funi soundtrack, I guess.
First three movies aired on Toonami with the Japanese music and nobody ever complained:yeshrug: