Dragon Ball Z + Bruce Faulconer = GOAT

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragon Ball Z was popping all over the world but only ONE country changed the music...what does that tell you? The shyt was unecessary. FUNimation only did it because Dragon Ball was their very first property that they got out of nepotism and they had no clue what the fukk they were doing, and since they had no money and realized they could make royalties off an original score, they hired some cheap ass local music studio to pump out some Casio bullshyt for em
They made the right decision in my eyes. Like I said, the original music was trash anyway.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
All facts; I can't think of anything LESS suited to the tonal and narrative shifts from OG DB to Z than the OG score. Faulconer's electronic based music fits the universe spanning action Sci Fi of Z way better. And it's not just the fight/transformation themes that are GOATED:

CLASSIC :wow::mjcry: Sumitomo's score for Super ain't bad neither.

The last third of OG Dragon Ball has the same tone as Z. At the end of the day, it's a Kung-Fu/Wuxia cartoon and Kikcuhis score fit that mold perfectly. The dub score is just generic techno Power Rangers music.its got some good tunes but it doesn't fit DB at all and sounds cheap as fukk.

Japanese score is filled with hard action stuff so I don't even know what you're talking about anyway

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Dragon Ball Z was popping all over the world but only ONE country changed the music...what does that tell you? The shyt was unecessary. FUNimation only did it because Dragon Ball was their very first property that they got out of nepotism and they had no clue what the fukk they were doing, and since they had no money and realized they could make royalties off an original score, they hired some cheap ass local music studio to pump out some Casio bullshyt for em
I think they were just following suit from the shytty precedent the ocean dub set before they got the rights. ocean dub changed the score first, "americanized" the script and censored a lot of goofy shyt so I think they just figured that's what they had to do to sell it in america. all of funi's dubs they put out around the same time and after (like yu yu hakusho) were great

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think these are trash you just clueless fam

The first 2 I love, but the rest not so much. Not all of the japanese music is trash, but a lot of it is. They do have a few tracks I actually like such as this one

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think they were just following suit from the shytty precedent the ocean dub set before they got the rights. ocean dub changed the score first, "americanized" the script and censored a lot of goofy shyt so I think they just figured that's what they had to do to sell it in america. all of funi's dubs they put out around the same time and after (like yu yu hakusho) were great
The ocean dub IS the Funimation dub, they just outsourced the voice acting to the Ocean Group because they couldn't afford to hire local talent when theyfirst started, and Saban handled distribution and lent them their music library. But all the creative decisions were FUNimation.

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin

Mann I remember hearing the ending theme on a Friday knowing that I’d have to wait until Monday after school to watch the next episode I’d be watching it like
mad-tantrum.gif

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Once again, all the songs that y'all love so much weren't even done by Faulconer himself. There were other people working on the soundtrack too, Bruce just slapped his name on it and took credit for the whole soundtrack even though he only did like 10% of the actual music :mjlol:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're wasting your time breh, some of these nikkas just can't accept that the original Japanese score could be outdone. Personally, it's not trash but this is one of the cases where Funimation got it right.
that other shyt was trash af frfr, them guitars n shyt took the intensity to another level as a youngin

not tryna hear these wack ass horns when someones powering up :russ:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Once again, all the songs that y'all love so much weren't even done by Faulconer himself. There were other people working on the soundtrack too, Bruce just slapped his name on it and took credit for the whole soundtrack even though he only did like 10% of the actual music :mjlol:

Dude's name only comes up TEN times :russ:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You're wasting your time breh, some of these nikkas just can't accept that the original Japanese score could be outdone. Personally, it's not trash but this is one of the cases where Funimation got it right.
FUNimation ain't get shyt right - they had their cheap casio score because they wanted to make it fit in with generic American cartoons while the Japanese score is so iconic in the rest of the world they do sold-out music tours around the map.

Everyone involved in FUNimation has admitted that if they could do it all over again they'd never do dumb shyt like changing the music. Even Sean Schemmel, the voice of Goku, said that shyt was trash :mjlol:

Imagine for one second they replace Enter the Dragon's soundtrack with some cheap synth shyt made by some random dude's from Texas...that's what y'all are caping for basically :pachaha:

Last edited: