Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Fight sticks are totally subjective, look at Sonic fox..dude uses strictly gamepads. it's the person behind the three controller, not the controller itself.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Fight sticks are totally subjective, look at Sonic fox..dude uses strictly gamepads. it's the person behind the three controller, not the controller itself.

Anyway they have said in interviews for DBZF that the control scheme is designed to be friendly to pad users.

I think its safe to say that with the large fanbase of DBZ, a majority of people buying this game will be playing on pad so its a good look.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This is a really good stick and its compatible with everything. The more expensive one the RAP N I saw has some compatibility issues with some PC fighters because it only has PS4 and PC modes whereas the RAPIV Kai has ps3, pc and ps4 modes. The N has more space to rest your forearms but thats not that serious. The Madcatz shyt aint worth it breh. Overpriced.

I got the RAPIV Kai recently (black friday sale) and I love it. The Hayabusa joystick gives me more precise inputs than my old Qanba with the Sanwa JLF joy stick. Im sure its all personal preference but I've always noticed this when using other peoples sticks too.

Make sure if you cop though that it says KAI cause the regular RAP IV exists and it comes with worse buttons.

Qanba has some good sticks out too but it looks like they might be charging too much as well. You can always look up Arcadeshock and focusattack, they run sales during FGC events, but price check with amazon because amazon has free shipping whereas those sites will charge you 10-15 for shipping which can negate their sale price altogether.

Its also really not worth it to get cheaper sticks. You would end up having to replace all the parts to make it good which would add up to the price of a good stick anyway. So if you just bought a cheap one it would be wack and sour you on the idea of even using an arcade stick. Later down the line if you replace some of your buttons and shyt a cheap stick can be fine since you'll have spare parts to throw in

Thanks for all the information. I really just wanted my TE but on a different system but it looks like it won't happen. I spent $120 for the MvC2 one brand new at Gamestop after they went down in price. I just felt like $200 for the same thing is ridiculous since Madcatz went out of business. Actually I just found out they're coming back but it looks like they're focusing on PC accessories. They didn't give a solid answer on if they were making sticks again or not. I originally bought some cheap Hori for $60 a few months after SFIV came out but it was a piece of crap. I know the more expensive ones are better. I remember hearing that Qanba is good when they were EightArc, but with either company I'm not sure about the different skus. I'll have to do some research to see what suits me the best.

Edit: I didn't see all the other posts, but I already use a stick for fighitng games that I play on my PC, MvCi and SFV when I played them. I have SFV on my PS4 with no stick and was struggling more with the controller. I might just end up buying it for the PC but MvCi being DOA for it makes me hesitant. Then again people weren't excited for it.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
MVCI being dead on pc is just cause MVCI is dead as a game(which is a shame because it's fun as shyt. But yea capcom dropped the ball with that one). Not that fighting games are all around dead on PC.

I can still find matches on pc with Skullgirls/Tekken 7/SFV etc.(Granted in SFV case it does have cross play)

DBFZ will have a healthy player base on PC but obviously most people will be on PS4. I'm copping on PS4 and then i may double dip on PC when the mods start coming in.

llt23

All Star
Daps
MVCI being dead on pc is just cause MVCI is dead as a game(which is a shame because it's fun as shyt. But yea capcom dropped the ball with that one). Not that fighting games are all around dead on PC.

I can still find matches on pc with Skullgirls/Tekken 7/SFV etc.(Granted in SFV case it does have cross play)

DBFZ will have a healthy player base on PC but obviously most people will be on PS4. I'm copping on PS4 and then i may double dip on PC when the mods start coming in.

I think it just depends on what people think is dead. I can still find matches in Guilty Gear really easily for example, always several lobbies up and Im guessing the overall steam player count per day is probably not that high at all. Same with KOF XIV, has around 150 or less players per day but if I ever want to play theres usually one lobby up.

MVCI might be dead by a Capcom games standards but im sure its still aight. When you start going in on lower tier fighters thats when it really becomes a struggle to find matches n need to ask on discord. N since I play some of these actual dead games it does bother me a bit that people think MVCI is 'dead.' Fighters are niche so its not fair to expect Call of Duty type numbers which of course you know but most gamers dont....So if you got 200-300 people logging in on your game per day (like Marvel) just know it could actually be 5-10 instead.

DBZ though is a whole different animal. Really expecting it to even surpass Tekken just because of the popularity of the IP and the quality of presentation ArcSys is throwing out there. For tourney players console is usually best bet but I prefer PC. All the ArcSys games have lower input delay on PC so Im expecting the same for DBZ. Will be a stronger experience for netplay.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Thanks for all the information. I really just wanted my TE but on a different system but it looks like it won't happen. I spent $120 for the MvC2 one brand new at Gamestop after they went down in price. I just felt like $200 for the same thing is ridiculous since Madcatz went out of business. Actually I just found out they're coming back but it looks like they're focusing on PC accessories. They didn't give a solid answer on if they were making sticks again or not. I originally bought some cheap Hori for $60 a few months after SFIV came out but it was a piece of crap. I know the more expensive ones are better. I remember hearing that Qanba is good when they were EightArc, but with either company I'm not sure about the different skus. I'll have to do some research to see what suits me the best.

Edit: I didn't see all the other posts, but I already use a stick for fighitng games that I play on my PC, MvCi and SFV when I played them. I have SFV on my PS4 with no stick and was struggling more with the controller. I might just end up buying it for the PC but MvCi being DOA for it makes me hesitant. Then again people weren't excited for it.
You can mod your old stick with a new PCB that lets play on almost every console.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Preordered :mjgrin:

On steam
full