Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

llt23

All Star
Daps
Really sick of these season pass gimmicks. I got the Tekken one for a huge discount so it didnt really hurt, but so far they havent really given us much.

Looks like the DBZ game is taking BandaiNamco route....arc sys would instead release a new version of the game ie rev and rev 2.

DLC is to be expected....but the season pass idea is just bullshyt. You are getting almost no discount on the DLC, but you are paying for it before you even know what you are getting. Should be a much higher discount.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
People are more tolerant of dlc when the base package is good can't really say that for Capcom. :yeshrug:

I've done worse with my money:mjcry:

I been waiting for a game like this for a long time, so I’ll be dropping that money on that pass with no regrets. Consider it a late Christmas present to myself :wow:

I'm okay with it, AAA games should be this expensive.

Idgaf I want this game now

giphy.gif

llt23

All Star
Daps
Quiet as kept, Arcsys is just as bad as any other company when it comes to DLC...people just don't play their games like that so you don't hear about it :heh:

Ya'll gon learn today :russ:

It really depends. Arcsys is known for rereleasing their games to infinity and beyond. But when they would release the new version of their game it would be packed with new content, not just new characters. This to me looks like BandaiNamco taking the lead.

Similarly with Capcom....all of a sudden the old model might look better than the new one. Would you rather buy 3-4 major updates to an entire game at a discounted rate over the span of a decade, where you will be able to see all the available content of the upgrade and it wont be announced before the god damn game comes out?.....or buy a season pass where you only see silhouettes of who you will get once(twice?) a year?

And you wont even be sure if they are just withholding DLC from the base game because were dumb ass consumers (Black Panther, Sigma etc for Marvel obviously were good to go). We used to have to wait mad long before any DLC was talked about, or a new version was announced. That was because they gave us what they made without withholding shyt for DLC.

Announcing DLC before a game is out and having people pay for it before they even know what it is is BULLshyt. it doesnt matter if its the industry standard or not. Most of the games that run a season pass end up being trash with micro transactions inside anyway.

I know my favorite game of the year, Yakuza 0 didnt have any goddamn season pass, and there are others that did the same. Allowing this trend is wack. 100 dollars for a game on day negative 112? Im good on that.

Last edited:

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
Brehs I've legit been having dreams about a dbz fighter for a......long.......ass.....time. One of the most popular animes is getting a legit fighter. Idgaf about no damn dlc. Dont let these buzz kill ass dudes crying fool you, they buying that shyt no problem:mjlol:. I spend extra money on absolute bullshyt everyday. Who gives a fukk. It's A 2D DBZ FIGHTING GAME. Spend that bread brehs we getting blessed in Jan:blessed:

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Injustice 2 released with 29 characters in the base game.

Dragon ball fighters is rumored to launch with 27 character.

Street fighter v had 16 at launch with zero content and after 2 "seasons" it still doesn't have as many characters or content.

How do you not see the difference?
:gucci:

Release a complete game and people won't bytch about the extra content you add after the fact.

No. Seeing as how SFV launched with the same amount of characters as SF4 did. Was anyone up in arms them? MVCI launched with 30 characters with 6 more in the span of 3 months while everyone else is taking a full year to release 6-8 character. But yea no one sees none of that.

And DBFZ is almost guaranteed to have a 24 character roster. Not 27 with 2 of them being Blue versions of Goku/Vegeta.

But yea carry on breh. It became the cool thing to hate on capcom that yall dont even realize what yall hating on. Remember the outrage over 8$ dlc for mvci? Guess this never happened right.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...r-es/cid=UP1024-CUSA04191_00-BBCFPS4000002000

And that character didn't even transfer to the newest version.

It's HILARIOUS seeing casuals react to arcsys dlc pricing when fgc been dealing with this for years.

30 characters for 6 dlc with costumes is a outrage. But 35 for 8 is amazing. LMFAOOO.

Yall were even bytching when capcom announced dlc to begin with even though they laid out all 6 BEFORE LAUNCH.

Meanwhile Injustice keeps 4 characters behind silhouettes and no one bats an eye.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
No. Seeing as how SFV launched with the same amount of characters as SF4 did. Was anyone up in arms them? MVCI launched with 30 characters with 6 more in the span of 3 months while everyone else is taking a full year to release 6-8 character. But yea no one sees none of that.

And DBFZ is almost guaranteed to have a 24 character roster. Not 27 with 2 of them being Blue versions of Goku/Vegeta.

But yea carry on breh. It became the cool thing to hate on capcom that yall dont even realize what yall hating on. Remember the outrage over 8$ dlc for mvci? Guess this never happened right.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...r-es/cid=UP1024-CUSA04191_00-BBCFPS4000002000

And that character didn't even transfer to the newest version.

It's HILARIOUS seeing casuals react to arcsys dlc pricing when fgc been dealing with this for years.

30 characters for 6 dlc with costumes is a outrage. But 35 for 8 is amazing. LMFAOOO.

Yall were even bytching when capcom announced dlc to begin with even though they laid out all 6 BEFORE LAUNCH.

Meanwhile Injustice keeps 4 characters behind silhouettes and no one bats an eye.

While the season pass is some bullshyt here I ain't gonna use this to put on a cape for Capcom. You know the thing is what all these other games have in common that Capcom doesn't? Quality. Period. Capcom has gained alot of ill will these past few years especially when it comes to their fighting games while these other companies haven't. Yea its fukked up in all cases but people are more willing to let shyt slide when the base product is some quality shyt. Injustice, DBFZ, and all these other games are quaility games without the DLC while Capcom games lately have been using DLC to make up for the lack of quality in the base product.

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
While Capcom was always the company getting called out for the DLC bullshyt (and rightfully so at times), people didn’t really start to REALLY shyt on em til SFV. I was one of the dudes sticking up for em for that bare bones initial release, but looking back at it now it was ridiculous. These dudes released a game which pretty much just had a versus and training mode :heh:

The backlash is cuz of the content in the initial release. Not so much the dlc stuff cuz that’s the accepted norm unfortunately. The Injustice and Guilty Gear titles had what felt like complete games at the start while SFV was lacking. You can’t deny that.

Capcom been lazy with their shyt for a while now. The new MvC looks rushed and unpolished as well. Didn’t sell well either on top of that.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The difference between SFIV and SFV is the release schedule and the idea of DLC announced before the game is out. SFIV came out and there was 0 DLC. A year or so later they announced Super SFIV which added characters and changed up some game mechanics as well. Key word there is A YEAR LATER

The idea that you just gotta hold this DLC shyt immediately when the game is out...oh excuse me...i meant three months before the game is out.....is bullshyt.

Capcom is worse....they have terrible pricings... 30 dollars for the MVCI alternates is a robbery. USFIV alternate costume packs for the entire cast cost 15 dollars, included 10 colors and had 40 something characters. Doubling that price (for less costumes and less colors) is demonic. Thats besides the point though. All these companies following the lead of Capcom and the game industry are fukking it all up for us.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
latest

This is the character select screen for the original street fighter 4 for consoles at launch.
:gucci:

25 characters with 44 after all the updates.

After 2 "season" sf5 still doesn't have as many characters as sf4 did at console launch.

People aren't mad about the amount of characters in mvci, they just think the base character lineup is weak.

Street fighter 5 released with 16 characters, versus, and a training mode. Yet your somehow trying to compare that to injustice?

People were happy with the amount of content and character line up in injustice therefore they don't bytch about extra shyt being added.

I don't know how your still trying to act like it's the same thing.

Last edited:

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
Nah man. I'm not fukking with this shyt. I don't even mind DLC but this idea I'm gonna give your ass money for a bunch of random ass shyt that I haven't even seen yet will never sit well with me.

And especially not coming from the company that sold people a fukking bowling minigame as season pass DLC for their premier fighting game. One might I add, still have huge gaps in it's roster.

fukk that shyt. I'l buy couple months down the line when the shyt is half off.

Defending Capcom is just as nonsensical. I paid less than $30 for PC marvel and I guaran-fukking-tee you before all the DLC characters are out the PS4 version will be either the same price digitally or $60 with all the season 1 DLC.

Y'all aren't training for Evo. Just wait.

Last edited: