Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t need to touch those characters imo and that’s not cuz I’m a Cell player lol. Cell is good, but he’s not as much of a pain to deal with like 16 and A. Gohan. And nerding Vegeta’s assist will hopefully make these players switch it up and be more creative with their team and combos.

Looking forward to trying out fused Zamasu. My team still doesn’t feel complete. I hoping one of these DLC characters will eventually solve that.
I agree about Cell. Cell having having Vegeta assist behind him is what makes him annoying for me. Hopefully with the assist nerf he'll be easier to deal with.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I agree about Cell. Cell having having Vegeta assist behind him is what makes him annoying for me. Hopefully with the assist nerf he'll be easier to deal with.
:yeshrug:Yeah that can be said about half the roster though. That Vegeta assist can be brutal with the right characters. Cell is def one of the best characters in the game now, but I feel he has to work a little bit harder compared to those like A. Gohan and especially 16.

I'm just sick of that Vegeta assist and refuse to use it lol.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:Yeah that can be said about half the roster though. That Vegeta assist can be brutal with the right characters. Cell is def one of the best characters in the game now, but I feel he has to work a little bit harder compared to those like A. Gohan and especially 16.

Same here. It's a damn cop out. You just have to sit there and block too long with that shyt while they do left, right, up, down mixups or just grab your ass. fukk that.

They gon run to Kid Buu now tho. His assist is the next best thing. I can already see it.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps

It sucks when you choose a character cause you like them (I'm a Vegeta fanboy) and weeks later, you find out that the character has something busted and everybody uses them. I can't wait for the assist so I can see a little bit more variety.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
It sucks when you choose a character cause you like them (I'm a Vegeta fanboy) and weeks later, you find out that the character has something busted and everybody uses them. I can't wait for the assist so I can see a little bit more variety.
Yeah and I got nothing against people using him, especially if you actually like the character. Having him on your squad mostly for his assist and cuz everyone else is doing it is what annoys me and is the one of the few things (imo) that's a problem for the game.

Now you gotta figure out a way to balance that assist out to a point where everyone isn't gonna pick it like they do now. To do that and not make drastic changes is gonna be difficult. Unless they bust out a big update that will allow people to choose from multiple versions of assists for each character (which will be more work and can't see happening anytime soon if at all in this current version of the game).

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They don’t need to touch those characters imo and that’s not cuz I’m a Cell player lol. Cell is good, but he’s not as much of a pain to deal with like 16 and A. Gohan. And nerding Vegeta’s assist will hopefully make these players switch it up and be more creative with their team and combos.

Looking forward to trying out fused Zamasu. My team still doesn’t feel complete. I hoping one of these DLC characters will eventually solve that.

Cell being able to complete a chain of 4 level 1s is a pain in my dikk :francis:

Not to mention him having a completely safe instant aa and combo from low to overhead instantly :picard:

If you play against a good gotenks you cant even play the game, hes plus on everything hes almost as bad as gohan. Its either an infinite blockstring or mixup after mixup after mixup. I should be able to vanish against ex spin at least smh

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
blocking adult gohan has always been some bullshyt.

and vegetas assist is a one size fix all. you can say buu's assist is nice, but its not good for EVERYTHING like vegeta's is :dead: defense, zoning, neutral, OTG, in the air, buying time for moves that have big startups, crossups, etc

its arguably the best at whatever you want it to do. and its long as fukk.

in that sense, sure - nerf it a bit to let some of these other characters shine. nothing crazy. but right now vegeta is on teams almost entirely because of the assist. if you want a glue guy character.... this isn't how you do it either

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Same here. It's a damn cop out. You just have to sit there and block too long with that shyt while they do left, right, up, down mixups or just grab your ass. fukk that.

They gon run to Kid Buu now tho. His assist is the next best thing. I can already see it.
Probably even worse considering Kid Buu has a crazy pressure game

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Cell being able to complete a chain of 4 level 1s is a pain in my dikk :francis:

Not to mention him having a completely safe instant aa and combo from low to overhead instantly :picard:

If you play against a good gotenks you cant even play the game, hes plus on everything hes almost as bad as gohan. Its either an infinite blockstring or mixup after mixup after mixup. I should be able to vanish against ex spin at least smh
Yeah but are those 2 as much of a pain to deal with without assists? Thing about A. Gohan and 16 is how efficient they are solo.

:mjlol: And Cell's teleport aa isn't completely safe. You can also interrupt his low to overhead.

Gotenks is a pain but the breh has such a short reach. And again, he needs assists to keep those block strings going.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah but are those 2 as much of a pain to deal with without assists? Thing about A. Gohan and 16 is how efficient they are solo.

:mjlol: And Cell's teleport aa isn't completely safe. You can also interrupt his low to overhead.

Gotenks is a pain but the breh has such a short reach. And again, he needs assists to keep those block strings going.

Its extremely tough to punish Cell tho without anticipation and probably opening yourself up.

As long as Gotenks has meter he can keep you in a blockstring as long as he wants. And unlike T. Gohan and krillin a lot of his moves move him forward so his short reach is kind of a mute point. I think when gotenks becomes mainstream you might change your tune about him, but maybe he wont because hes a lot harder to play then a. Gohan/16

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Its extremely tough to punish Cell tho without anticipation and probably opening yourself up.

As long as Gotenks has meter he can keep you in a blockstring as long as he wants. And unlike T. Gohan and krillin a lot of his moves move him forward so his short reach is kind of a mute point. I think when gotenks becomes mainstream you might change your tune about him, but maybe he wont because hes a lot harder to play then a. Gohan/16
It’s prob easier for me when dealing with other Cells since I main him, but yeah I see what your saying.

And if more people use Gotenks then there prob will be more complaints about him.