Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC

giphy.gif

"this is edited to avoid spoilers" .... proceeds to reveal huge spoilers in the next fukking line :mjlol:

This looks good. Warrior gameplay has always been excruciatingly boring/slow to me, but this has me open to the idea for a second or third playthrough :ehh:

The only red flag so far are those minute long cooldowns when you only have three abilities :patrice:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I just wish the HUD was better

there's a lot going on and it's kinda hard to see

and I'm sure I'll miss switching between team members a bit

Yea, overall i liked the combat but tactical mode was a bit busy. I'll have to rewatch but i also wasn't sure if they're limiting our load out to just 4 ability slots now (previously we had 8 in DA:I).

I mentioned before, on higher difficulty settings (until you got OP'd with rare resources), switching/controlling team members was damn near a must in DAI:I, I'm talking via tactical mode. But it also kept things fresh.

So losing that and being limited to 4 abilities per loadout is a shift, but if the trade off is more engaging melee fighting, then the trade off might workout.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
at arbor wilds in dragon age inquision now - i did not realize how much solas does *not* fukk with morrigan until now

"who knows what these elves sought to protect with these rituals - however trifling, it still makes no sense"
"so because you don't know, it doesn't make sense. that's crazy :comeon:"

they really, really should've stuck with the dreadwolf title man. this whole sequence onward is just traitor season

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
at arbor wilds in dragon age inquision now - i did not realize how much solas does *not* fukk with morrigan until now

"who knows what these elves sought to protect with these rituals - however trifling, it still makes no sense"
"so because you don't know, it doesn't make sense. that's crazy :comeon:"

they really, really should've stuck with the dreadwolf title man. this whole sequence onward is just traitor season

Even though I said the death of the Keep killed my interest in another playthrough I started one a few days ago anyway. :mjgrin:

One thing I didn't realize even after so many playthroughs :snoop: is that Leiliana's tone about "Blackwall" not being what the Inquisition was looking for after recruiting him is a hint that she knew that dude was a fraud.

Also noticed how wild the Venatori were interrogating in Redcliffe Castle... :dame:

xM373Kn.jpeg

Bad enough they left him stankin' in the Jack-O pose they even put a whole saber in buddy's ass.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Even though I said the death of the Keep killed my interest in another playthrough I started one a few days ago anyway. :mjgrin:

One thing I didn't realize even after so many playthroughs :snoop: is that Leiliana's tone about "Blackwall" not being what the Inquisition was looking for after recruiting him is a hint that she knew that dude was a fraud.

Also noticed how wild the Venatori were interrogating in Redcliffe Castle... :dame:

xM373Kn.jpeg

Bad enough they left him stankin' in the Jack-O pose they even put a whole saber in buddy's ass.
there's a LOT of little stuff I didn't pick up on. like the Qun being communism that works :manny: and Orlais/Antiva being like.... legit dope settings.

Also a lot of characters either went underappreciated or weren't given their credit. Aunt Viv in particular is fantastic throughout. Especially if you're running an Inquisitor that's on some "let me just do my job and be done" - she ain't having it

Sera got lot of hate too. But she's legitimately the only 'sane' member of the squad.

"its the well of sorrows. SORROWS. why would you drink from it. on purpose?? :dahell:"
"fukk we need a trial for :dahell: we already beat his ass"
"magic is dumb as fukk and dangerous. but yal want to shoot fireballs out your ass and say you're just like us :dahell:"

They all know she's the most gifted natural archer since times of legend but no one call her on it :dead: its almost a running gag

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our people :mjpls:

Yeah the Ancient Elves would definitely call the Dalish tethers :dead:

Solas out here building his Foundational Elven Thedan platform. :dead:

there's a LOT of little stuff I didn't pick up on. like the Qun being communism that works :manny: and Orlais/Antiva being like.... legit dope settings.

Also a lot of characters either went underappreciated or weren't given their credit. Aunt Viv in particular is fantastic throughout. Especially if you're running an Inquisitor that's on some "let me just do my job and be done" - she ain't having it

Sera got lot of hate too. But she's legitimately the only 'sane' member of the squad.

"its the well of sorrows. SORROWS. why would you drink from it. on purpose?? :dahell:"
"fukk we need a trial for :dahell: we already beat his ass"
"magic is dumb as fukk and dangerous. but yal want to shoot fireballs out your ass and say you're just like us :dahell:"

They all know she's the most gifted natural archer since times of legend but no one call her on it :dead: its almost a running gag

Nah, Viv can get the fukk on. Her stance on mages is crazy considering she was only in position to do literally anything due to willingly being some old rich fukk's jumpoff.

I feel like if the game came out a couple years later, there's a particular insult a lot of brehs would've thrown her way. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Solas out here building his Foundational Elven Thedan platform. :dead:

Nah, Viv can get the fukk on. Her stance on mages is crazy considering she was only in position to do literally anything due to willingly being some old rich fukk's jumpoff.

I feel like if the game came out a couple years later, there's a particular insult a lot of brehs would've thrown her way. :mjlol:
Viv is :mjpls: but she got a point. Mages running wild is lunacy and the circles, the good ones at least :mjpls:, work