Dragon Age Inquisition > Dragon's Dogma > Skyrim - Srsly, what am I missing?

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
DA:I Skyrim are both good games. Loved DA on my second playthrough now.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I loved the combat in DA:I. It was fun and challenging. Sometimes I'd get stomped by a dragon and wouldn't realize why and that shyt always kept me on the edge. I never took one of them lightly.

I love Skyrim too but I do wish they would make the combat a bit more fun. With melee builds I always felt like I was just hacking away. I never felt like there was any give and take. No attack, defend, parry, and look for an opening. Maybe that was because it's first person. I honestly wouldnt mind if they went to an actual 3rd person setup. I know you can play in 3rd person in the current game. But it still plays like you are in first person and doesn't feel like it's actually meant to be played that way. Also, for it to be an open world game, the cities and the areas adjacent to the cities always feel so sparse. Again, I know it's because every single person is accounted for and has a daily routine. But I'd love to see them revisit that entire aspect of the game. That sparseness works in Fallout because of the story and the situation. But in a non post apocalyptic setting, even in a time where there weren't as many people on the planet, the population just doesn't feel dense enough.

I've spent well over 100 hours playing Skyrim and never even beat the game. It never felt like it mattered. I always felt I was alone in that until some guys from my job happened to be talking about it recently at an after work social. It was like 10 of us and all of us had sunk hours into the game and not one of us had beaten it. Bethesda may want to work on that too. Sure it's on us to kinda push forward with the story. But really Skyrim is the only game I could think of that I'd treated that way. And apparently others did to. No sense of putting all that effort into the story as a dev, if folks aren't going to be interested in it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Never bothered to finish DA: Inquisition. Too much boring padding. The world is ending and I need to go find sheep and wedding rings in the Hinterlands so I can get enough power to meet an arbitrary number to continue the main quest. Eventually I got tired of doing meaningless sidequest just to continue the main story.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
bethesda is no rockstar but their open worlds are alive with fukkery. skyrim just has a never ending amount of shyt you can get into. dai felt incomplete, esp compared to origins.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Dragons dogma >>>>

I would say the same if it wasn't for the fact the main story make absolutely no sense. Especially when you get to the ending :dahell:

Amazing experience playing it, tho.

bethesda is no rockstar but their open worlds are alive with fukkery. skyrim just has a never ending amount of shyt you can get into. dai felt incomplete, esp compared to origins.

I've come to terms that Skyrim is the true "ROLE PLAYING" game out of the three.

It's the only one you seem to be able to go out and live a life apart from the main story and really be your own person.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First off, if you didn't/don't play skyrim on PC, you cannot comment on skyrim.

Skyrim with mods is not even skyrim. It is whatever game you want it to be, even a sex game.