Dr. Watkins Speaks On Empire/Media Propaganda (NEW)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've told u countless times you moron. I don't think it is a conspiracy. It is just not on the level you put it on. You take no responsibility for individual actions and throw all accountability away.... That won't fix anything. Tearing away BET and Worldstarr etc won't fix anything as long as ignorant and stereotypical acts are being recorded on media. It's not just the media that feeds us this content we are actively seeking it out.

In 2015 I don't know who is influenced by TV or radio and other traditional media. Stuff you see and hear online from music random video clips etc is not just thrown at you you have to seek it out. Go to a specific site etc. That's where your theory fails. You are acting as if people are unable to turn off all this bad media.

That's a goofy way of calling ya own people weak and helpless sheep.
Nah, this was disproven just a couple weeks ago.

During the democratic debate most viewers saw Bernie sanders as the winner. The next morning after the "Hilary wins" headlines went out polls showed that people thought Hilary won.

Media manipulation is very real and very powerful.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Anyone who doesn't believe in media propaganda deserves to fall on the wrong side of it.
It's the reason why people who have never seen a black man or woman in person can loathe them and/or view them as inferior.
You have to be an absolute fool to believe it's ineffective.
I suppose Germans woke up one morning and decided on a whim that Jews needed to eradicated.
It just happened overnight.
:pachaha:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Propaganda has been one of the most effective tools to control society since the beginning of civilization.

Slavery was justified with some of the same narratives being used to justify our mistreatment today.

Worst thing about it is some black folks are too blinded by the propaganda to notice. You've been conditioned to think negative about blacks and be overly critical.

I just disagree with @PhonZhi that we should be blaming rap or that black people shouldn't be able to partake in certain "entertainment"

To me that's throwing away our freedoms, because white people might use it against us. While they are free to do whatever they want.

I don't want to live in a world where black people have to throw their freedom in the bushes and be perfect, just to get equal treatment, while everybody else is free to make mistakes.
Just a slight correction. Propaganda was invented by the Catholic church. Not exactly the beginning of civilization.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yea the Romans never used it
Or the greeks
Or the Egyptians
Or the Chinese
Or the Persians
Or the Byzantines
:francis:
I agree that they may have but not as we know it. Google Edward Bernays.

Also, from wikipedia:

Propaganda is a modern Latin word, the gerundive form of propagare, meaningto spread or to propagate, thuspropaganda means that which is to be propagated.[1] Originally this word derived from a new administrative body of the Catholic Church (congregation) created in 1622, called the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (Congregation for Propagating the Faith), or informally simply Propaganda.[2][3] Its activity was aimed at "propagating" the Catholic faith in non-Catholic countries.[2]

From the 1790s, the term began being used also for propaganda in secular activities.[2] The term began taking a pejorative connotation in the mid-19th century, when it was used in the political sphere.[2]

---

^^^Not the best source but I've read up on this.

It has been used for awhile but the method as it applies today was pioneered by the Catholics.

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
I agree that they may have but not as we know it. Google Edward Bernays.

Also, from wikipedia:

Propaganda is a modern Latin word, the gerundive form of propagare, meaningto spread or to propagate, thuspropaganda means that which is to be propagated.[1] Originally this word derived from a new administrative body of the Catholic Church (congregation) created in 1622, called the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (Congregation for Propagating the Faith), or informally simply Propaganda.[2][3] Its activity was aimed at "propagating" the Catholic faith in non-Catholic countries.[2]

From the 1790s, the term began being used also for propaganda in secular activities.[2] The term began taking a pejorative connotation in the mid-19th century, when it was used in the political sphere.[2]

---

^^^Not the best source but I've read up on this.

It has been used for awhile but the method as it applies today was pioneered by the Catholics.
Oh yea the term itself was, but the idea behind it has always been around
I mean when you convince people that your emperor is a god and that upper classes are born with different blood, that's propaganda

And of course it's gotten much better and more advanced over time

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Oh yea the term itself was, but the idea behind it has always been around
I mean when you convince people that your emperor is a god and that upper classes are born with different blood, that's propaganda
Absolutely. However, imo, having a committee versus being born into mental subjugation (should one accept it) are two different things. What would be considered propaganda pre-catholicism was the equivalent of social media trolls. Sanctioning a group and coining a term is the basis for invention. I guess it's all perspective and semantics at this point.

---

To the point of the thread, I don't look at anything without scrutiny. Also, not all propaganda is malicious. The solution is also simple. Speak your mind and focus on educating the children to think for themselves. Now, I know, this is how Socrates got fukked up but it really is the only way to make life on Earth better for human kind.