Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So did the Rza

RZA-Headphones-3.jpg

RZA got a damn black ice beard/hairline combo going straight from the Shawty Lo collection

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is one loser in this acquisition — HTC. In 2011, HTC bought 50.1 percent of Beats for $309 million. Later, the company sold back its stake in two chunks. The first stake resulted in a $4.8 million net loss, the second one generated $85 million in profit.

But that 50.1 percent stake would now be worth $1.6 billion. In other words, HTC could have made $1.29 billion in profit from the Apple acquisition. It would have greatly helped the phone maker, which has shrunk for the past few years.

Apple In Talks To Acquire Beats For $3.2 Billion, Says FT | TechCrunch

really

All Star
Daps

really

All Star
Daps
you got some serious hate flowing your blood

you broking the deal or something, you can't possibly know who's getting what

Hate in my blood? I'm simply posting facts about what % of the company the man owns.

It's not 50%, it's not 33% ... At BEST he owns 25%, at worst 10%... That I'm not sure of.

Damn were you about to go throw a party on the block to celebrate this monumental deal? :laff: I personally would like to see Diddy the first to a billion... With that said, I posted #FactsOnly bytch nikka. This real life. If you not liking the truth go read a book or somethin rofl

#fACTSoNLY

really

All Star
Daps
nikka you have no idea what you're talking about. First you don't know how much Dre owns, they bought back all of HTC's shares in 2013. Secondly tax is not 50%. Capital gains are taxed at 15%

You mad as hell right?

I think 50 brought home $150 million after taxes after Vitamin water sold for $4.1 million and he owned 10% ....

How did $400mil turn into $150 mil? 50 also always says "When you make money, don't even look at half of it"... I'll trust 50's word and forbes over a nikka pullin shyt out his ass.

And HTC only sold back half their stock, not 100% ... if you gonna fact check a nikka, get your shyt right first... *dead*

Jimmy / Dre / Some other nikka owned 100% of company, 33% each

They sold 50%, taking it down to 16.665% each...

They bought 25% of that 50% back, bringing them to 25% each

They also got a $500million investment from Carlyle (more than ANY of their individual stock), which probably took them from 25% each down to 16% again or even as low as 12% .... But the amount of Stock Carlyle got wasn't made public... Perhaps some of this was a loan.

Get highly emotional over another man bread when a nikka post facts to clarify what's being said in the thread brehs.

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
You mad as hell right?

I think 50 brought home $150 million after taxes after Vitamin water sold for $4.1 million and he owned 10% ....

How did $400mil turn into $150 mil? 50 also always says "When you make money, don't even look at half of it"... I'll trust 50's word and forbes over a nikka pullin shyt out his ass.

And HTC only sold back half their stock, not 100% ... if you gonna fact check a nikka, get your shyt right first... *dead*

They also got a $500million investment fro Carlyle (more than ANY of their individual stock), which probably took them from 25% each down to 16% again or even as low as 12% .... But the amount of Stock Carlyle got wasn't made public... Perhaps some of this was a lone.

Get highly emotional over another man bread when a nikka post facts to clarify what's being said in the thread brehs.

bra are u crazy or something

u just said he was mad cuz he counting another nikka bread
no...... he just correcting yo wilkapedia goin ass
u counting up wrong figures den tryin to flip it around wen u get checked like u knew wat u was talkin bout all along

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate in my blood? I'm simply posting facts about what % of the company the man owns.

It's not 50%, it's not 33% ... At BEST he owns 25%, at worst 10%... That I'm not sure of.

Damn were you about to go throw a party on the block to celebrate this monumental deal? :laff: I personally would like to see Diddy the first to a billion... With that said, I posted #FactsOnly bytch nikka. This real life. If you not liking the truth go read a book or somethin rofl

#fACTSoNLY

Do yo know who owns what or who's getting what that's why I'm laughing at you

I'm not celebrating anything I'm just amused this bothers you so much

are you Dre's lawyer, you a rep for beats audio, you seen the contracts

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
You mad as hell right?

They also got a $500million investment from Carlyle (more than ANY of their individual stock), which probably took them from 25% each down to 16% again or even as low as 12% .... But the amount of Stock Carlyle got wasn't made public... Perhaps some of this was a loan.

Again, they bought back 25% in 2012 and then bought the remaining 25% in 2013. They bought all of the shares back from HTC

HTC and Beats by Dre End Partnership, Beats Buys Back its $265 Million in Shares | Droid Life

This morning HTC announced that Beats would be buying the last 25 percent share that HTC still owned in Beats for the sum of $265 million.

This marks the end of a two year partnership between the two companies. When HTC first invested in Beats, it was a surprising move, but one that looked like it could have had a lot of upside if done well. Unfortunately for the two, it never really flourished like they hoped and all the consumers got out of it was the Beats software that would come installed on HTC devices. With HTC struggling to push units compared to Samsung, Beats probably wanted to make sure they were separated from that. HTC did say that they would “continue to partner [with Beats] as future opportunities arise.”

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i admit that there are several points in dre's career i wasn't rooting for him....*cranks up no vaseline*... but i can't hate on this... :salute: to dre making power moves... in regards to just how much money dre stands to make from this deal... well, let me put it this way.. that man will be able to piss away more money in one night than me and all my associates will be worth in our lifetimes.... it's definitely dre day.....

p.s.: i'm not going to spend my time trying to count dre's pockets... i'd rather use that accounting skill to get up some cheese of my own to count...

#BlackExcellence