Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A SMALL THING BUT YOU know what i hate..........he is celebrating BEFORE the deal is done........... he needs to maintain his poker face on some I love this company and the rumours of me selling it are overblown...................that said :banderas::salute:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
I don't know why rappers try to do that clothing shyt. :snoop: When I come up on that industry money, I'm going into the defense industry and invest on the next great weapon to get those GOV contracts. nikkas rap about guns, why not have a stake in making them? :yeshrug:
Truest words spoken so far

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NWA-the beatles of gangsta rap. created a whole new lane for poor nikkaz to capitalise on.
Ruthless-home of nwa, doc, eazy, bone thugs
Gangsta Rap-all ya favorites from nas to big to snoop to jay all doing a version of gangsta rap brehs
DeathRow-GOAT rap label ever. reinvigorated 2 pac, the arguable GOAT rapper. put out 5 classics.
Chronic-arguable GOAT west coast album
Snoop-hall of fame MC
Doggystyle-arguable GOAT west coast album
Aftermath-3rd legendary label he either created of helped build
Eminem-biggest rapper ever, impact on cac culture insurmountable
50-King Of NY for 4 years
Kendrick-best mc of his generation, most acclaimed debut album since illmatic
Beats By Dre-technology phenom, sold for 3.2 billi, raps first billionaire

honorable mention, hologram 2 pac.

who can compete? russell? rick rubin? puff? who. we never seen a visionary like this ever in hip hop.

really

All Star
Daps
Forbes.com: (just check the red)

"Late Thursday night, the Financial Times reportedthat Apple AAPL -0.73% was in talks to buy Beats for $3.2 billion; the deal would be the computer giant’s largest acquisition ever. Dre’s stake in Beats currently stands at somewhere around 20-25%; we valued the company at $2 billion in our latest round of estimates.

A sale for $3.2 billion would nearly double the value of Dre’s holdings, though capital gains taxes could take a bite out of his big payday, likely leaving him with a net worth in the neighborhood of $800 million. It’s not quite enough to land on the Forbes 400, but it would easily make him hip-hop’s richest man, topping current champion Diddy by $100 million."

I'm just gone go based off what this genius said in the red...:win:

We all know Dre's Net Worth if Beats didn't exist would be $150 million right now (he had $125mil in 2011 before beats popped off... And would've been making money off Em / Kendrick)

His CURRENT Net worth (according to Forbes) is $550million.

So that means he has $400million in beats stock (as far as how they are calculating.)

If they valued the company at $2billion when they said dre has $400mil stock, that means if it sells for $3.2 billion, to come up with how much Dre will make is Simple:

You multiply $400million by 1.625 (2.0 would be DOUBLE)

$400mil x 1.625 = $650 million (if apple was buying for $4 Billion, it'd be $800 milion, for you slow ones)

$650 million after 23.8% capital gains / medicare tax = $495 million

$495million + the $150mil he had BEFORE beats by dre = $645 mil

Hold up a sec.... Be right back...

xP9cCYN.png

aQUlhpZ.png

As you can see.... Even GOING BY THE WORDS OF FORBES, Sean Combs is still the man, and Dre will go back to his struggle pawg and still working on Detox while Willow Smith becomes a Grandmother..

Really: Bringing Clarity to the Coli since 2013
6mM6SnI.png

@L&HH :feedme::umad:.... U *Furious* (your lil knowledge bout the capital gains tax was just that: "Knowledge"... I can get that knowledge in 2 seconds... You'll never be able to go to Google and get this *intelligence* tho:ohlawd:.... And it aint for sell:youngsabo: )

#FactsOnly

1361921246_tumblr_mhpa5edksk1s4mj7uo1_400.gif

#GPOY2014

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Dre should have at least 50%. Nobody buying Jimmy Iovine headphones...
Dre and Jimmy probably have 50% together buy the other partners/investors put up some bread also so that's where the rest is going. In the beginning there was no way Dre was putting up a ton of $ to get it started. His role is like MJs role at Nike except that there's less mouths eating off this deal, Dre probably input in how the headphones sound and (most importantly) he's putting his name on the line by having it on everything. For a company that's not even 10 years old, this is a fukking come up. They were smart to get away from Monster and to get there HTC stake back and then started the streaming business which was what drove the price up.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
"That’s music to the ears of Dr. Dre, who collected $100 million pretax when handset maker HTC paid $300 million for a 51% stake in the company last year."

Cash Kings 2012: Hip-Hop's Top Earners - Forbes

Company was originally worth $600 million (they sold half for $300 mil, so that means the TOTAL was worth $600mil)

If Dre got $100 million Pretax for selling 50%, that means he owned 33% of the company from the JUMP (not half).

So now that they SOLD HALF THE COMPANY already, Dre's 33% dropped to 16.665% (but he was $100million richer, 50 mil after taxes)

So now, if they sell 100% of the company for 3.2 billion, Dre gets 16.665% of that.... Which is $533 Million

$533 million after taxes (half) = $266.5 Million

And thats not factoring in the lil change he have to pay Lawyers....

In the end, Dre's NET WORTH might Rise $50 to 100 million at best to $600million... because you have to remember his current NET WORTH has the value of beats factored in....

When its all said and done, Diddy still like...

QnMEZAW.gif
:banderas: