Dr. Cornell West - Our Ancestors Did Not Just Die For The Right To Vote

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Exactly. He mentioned self-determination and self-defense

Education, reading for knowledge, acquiring critical thinking skills is self defense for the mind. We got all kinds of ignorant people on here who lack self defense. They are easily influenced and controlled. What good is physical freedom if you allow yourself to be enslaved mentally?
The ironic thing is that some of the folks under the tightest of mental shackles sadly believe that they are "free thinkers".

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You said this shyt when Joe Biden got elected, but now you're a Kamala superfan :mjlol:

Now you're acting like the DNC saved Black America :mjlol:
Well the DNC saved us from Jim Crow, so that's something right? :jbhmm: Oh I forget, no tangibles.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk this useless fossil.

he looks and sounds like a caricature.

another compromised agent of white supremacy attempting to suppress the black vote under the guise of black empowerment.

:unimpressed:
How in the WORLD is he wrong breh?

Our ancestors literally died not just for voting rights but to be seen as MEN and WOMEN (IE Human beings).
It took A LOT just to get acknowledged as a fukking PERSON, it wasn't until then we could move on to establishing
rights for our newfound status as yah know, actual fukking people.

Which lead to land ownership, business ownership, participation in the stock market, voting etc.
People died for a gang of shyt beyond just voting.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
OP title is misleading, not surprising on this forum anymore unfortunately . He basically is saying that it wasn't just the act of voting they died for but what the act of voting represented. A bit different than what the title implies.
Cats twisting shyt as usual to fit their goofy agendas.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well the DNC saved us from Jim Crow, so that's something right? :jbhmm: Oh I forget, no tangibles.
why cant guys like you who obviously know NOTHING about history or politics just stfu already? You cant see that nobody on here wants to hear any of you shills talk. Shut up.

My issue with cornel west is his vp choice. She is one of the BLM grifters who insulted tamir rice mom when she called them out on their scamming shyt. She still apart of it and he made HER his vp. Cant rock with that at all. Hes compromised.

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As I said in another thread,they try and be covert with it,but when they come for Cornel West of all people,the shyt is like the emporer taking his clothes off.

In what world do you see that man as a shill for white supremacist,and to go even further,in what world do you see the person who you are on here shilling for,even comparing to Dr. West as a representative for black folk in this country?

Y'all out Y'all rabbit ass minds.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
The more I read about our ancestors the more I begin to understand what they mean by holistic thoughts and actions. Using our right reasoning to come to conclusions that benefit the community. It's getting harder to even have these conversations amongst emotional appeals and people becoming entrenched in defending sides.

Most of this internet shyt is just trolls and paid actors anyway tho so there is that

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk this useless fossil.

he looks and sounds like a caricature.

another compromised agent of white supremacy attempting to suppress the black vote under the guise of black empowerment.

:unimpressed:

Respect your damn elders:gucci:?

He is speaking nothing but facts here. Anybody who says "your ancestors died for your right to vote" is usually an indoctrinated person,or liberal propagandist trying to guilt black people into voting. If fear mongering doesnt work,invoke black people dying for voting rights:respect:

Daps
How in the WORLD is he wrong breh?

Our ancestors literally died not just for voting rights but to be seen as MEN and WOMEN (IE Human beings).
It took A LOT just to get acknowledged as a fukking PERSON, it wasn't until then we could move on to establishing
rights for our newfound status as yah know, actual fukking people.

Which lead to land ownership, business ownership, participation in the stock market, voting etc.
People died for a gang of shyt beyond just voting.
because you can’t separate comments like this from his recent history of trying to undermine the democrats and encourage black people to withhold their vote for the only party willing and capable of addressing our grievances.

we need to recognize the underlying subtext of statements like this and acknowledge that things do not exist within a vacuum.

:francis: