Status
Not open for further replies.

dagreenz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
IE, CA
First off ya'll are both dope as hell. Gave these multiple listens. :dj2:
I gotta go with MichaelWhite though. He used a lot of subtlety that might get overlooked but simple things like panning the strings back and forth (1:42) take beats to the next level. And I also felt like the beat told a story.

doublenegative brought that battle energy and I feel what he was going for. It was bold and upfront with good use and manipulation of the vocal sample. That shyt felt warm the full the whole way through too.

This was really close in my mind but I'm just the type of listener who appreciates when the small things make a big impact. Props to both of ya'll for creating good shyt though:salute:

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
thanks to both for a good battle
i know it had to be hard to drop SIX BEATS!!
this tournament has been a marathon
each time trying to outdo the last
the situation almost makes people try to do too much
but i think both of you (and many other contestants) were at a very high level
stayed consistent and tried to take reasonable chances

thanks to all contestants for a good tournmanet
it was a pleasure to listen to so much talent
i am still trying to catch up on repping everyone
didn't account for the 30's but i made a list of who i owe

thanks to tom foolery, the mods, the admins for keeping things organized

i look forward to future tourneys

surgical gloves

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The left
mw's beat reminded me of that emancipator/blockhead/experimental instrumental type of hip hop where it's more layered and the beat develops as it plays through, and sort of tells a story as it goes along. it definitely demands a more attentive ear, in my opinion, and it's the kind of beat that you need to listen to as a whole to get the full experience. My only gripe was the little beat breaks through out the beat where the beat just stops. It's dope when it's done sparingly, once MAYBE twice, but, seems a little unnecessary when it's done more than, in my humble opinion.

dub neg's beat sounded a little more traditional and boom bap-y, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with. definitely very upbeat and high energy, which works well with the horns and sped up vocal samples. The only thing, like others have mentioned, is that the vocal samples are too prevalent through out the beat and could get a bit annoying over time. Also, this is just personal preference, and i know that by doing this it would fukk up the syncing of the samples and such, but i would have liked the beat to have been just a little slower. Other than that though, VERY dope.

the beats are VERY different, and it's hard to choose between two different styles, but i''m gonna have to give it to mw.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Very enjoyable beat @MichaelWhite as always :wow: @doublenegative came with the Just Blaze package...great beat as well. I'm really not sure how to go here. I think maybe cause I'm at work freezing and needed the uptempo rush with my coffee that I'm going to go with DN but I MIGHT just have to change it before the voting closes :sadcam:

Status
Not open for further replies.