tumblr_inline_mh1zvqVHKa1qdiylb.gif

@MichaelWhite

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Doublenegative

Both are good overall, although by the middle of each my level of impression was wearing off.
I know that I could listen to MW's over in the background while I'm gaming or rendering or something and it would be fine, but I can't listen to DN's like that because it is too in your face. I know that 'stayed away' sample repeated over and over would drive me nuts after two or three replays. But, despite that I find myself taping my foot because in a single sitting it is more evocative.

This was a tough decession, but for this, an exhibition of tracks I have to go with Doublenegative. (If I were selecting a track to lay vocals over the decesion would be the other way)

By the way, DN... what I mean is, take the instrumental to "I get high" (Styes P). It uses that 'I get high' over and over and over... but it has 12 bar breaks where the sample isn't used at all. This gives your ears a break.
Or, in the instance of "Oh Boy" (Camron) the sample is used more spread out, but still has 2 and 4 bar breaks between its use.
There are many change ups in your track, its far from a loop, but the change ups go from using the sample in one way to using it in another (like from 'Stayed away' vocal to 'All night long' vocal). There is no break, really.
If the sample never goes away we can't grow to miss it.

As an instrumental showpiece it is very good, but I hope you get what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.