Double Toasted YouTube channel appreciation

gfunkfan

Pro
Daps
yea......looks like she'll be a regular on there now. Her show isnt happening anymore. Korey said they'll have some other podcasters on there this week. I forgot there names but im guessing they have a following or something

So it's basically the Casual Call-In Show with Oz in Ray's place? :comeon:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

The video they talking about is hella cringey. Korey claiming them as black too :stopitslime:

Last edited:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah it does look a little funny. The people on the left aren't all the way in the frame and the perspective of Martin's side looks weird.

I said it before but I hope Korey decides to do a full on set revamp. Invest in a nice flat screen to display graphics and the title of your show, think of a theme for each individual show and have background related to that show and or props, and have a camera perspective showing everyone at the table and not just closeups of two at a time. It should be more feasible since the studio is bigger. And they have a huge selection of fanart, why not feature that in the set? Now to mention Martin and Korey are actual artist:manny:

I think part of the issue is that Korey seemingly refuses to give up being the one to control all of the on-screen camera work, and the one that sifts through emails. I honestly think the shows could take on a new life if he seriously trained Will or Sammy to handle the transitions (and trust them to do the job...Korey seems to have serious trust issues with anyone doing anything other than him:comeon:)

He could still keep the laptop in front of him for controlling certain clips that he likes to insert, but I honestly think he should pass some of that other stuff to someone off camera. I watch a lot of other shows, and the majority of them have camera transitions, emails, and phone calls, the majority of them are owned by the person hosting, yet none of them do all of the work themselves.

I'm not saying they should copy any one show, or that it has to be as expensive looking as they are, but I think it would be worth taking some inspiration to improve the "look" of their show, and probably make the show more efficient as a whole. I def would like to see a set that has a full roundtable view like the ones under the spoiler. And I believe it should be feasible to buy a desk (or hell, build one) that could have a flatscreen inserted into it, that can display "Movie Review Extravaganza" or "The Sunday Service" or whatever show and or topic they are doing.

sa3YgoC.jpg

uPYBmcJ.jpg

3Nf35oI.jpg

YwBk3ET.jpg

fRwYfUP.jpg

VZYmVEq.png

883LkDz.jpg
I agree, and would go as far as to say he'd have to relinquish some of that control and/or include Martin/Goodwin in the pre production so they can contribute more during the show in order to improve his product/take it to that next level.

I don't know what kind of bank Korey is making, or how much he wants to put back in but those sets you linked would be a great look.

Hell, even the previous set, as basic as it was looked infinitely better than this overlit joint. The light reflecting off every piece of skin is mad distracting.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I might have to cancel my subscription, this shyt hasn't worked properly since the new site. The stream fukks up, even after it's off air and it takes literally 30 minutes to download a show. I don't know what they did but this ain't something I have the patience to wait for, the main draw of this was the convenience of the stream or it would take like 1-2 minutes to download a show if I missed it. All that shyt is gone now.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What browser are you using? The stream is generally shyt for me on firefox but it works fine on chrome.