"Dope" netflix

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Alright I just got done watching it, and yeah, I kinda agree, the movie got weird as fukk after the first half. It's a cool movie tho

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I agree with those saying that it falls apart once he introduced the bitcoin/dealing plot.

I also had some contextual/political issues with it, but I won't get into that.

STILL...I'm glad it was made. It was nice to see *us* getting a story like this for once.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
seems more like a teenage 90s type of movie. Those types don't have a real direction, and just wind up feeling like an adventure where you go where the wind blows. But I liked it, it was just kinda all over the place. The ending message didn't tie into the last half that well.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
i like this movie but it's a new black flick with powerful :mjpls: even though the creators try their best to hide it
I'm watching this shyt on Netflix right now and I was tempted to 86 this shyt when it stated that "getting good grades and applying to college" is something only white people do without any sense of irony. :jbhmm:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Almost done with it. Funny and good, but the group selling X from school was a little :rudy:

Edit: looks like I’m not the only one who was like that with the plot turn. :skip:

Finished it. I’ll say it’s solid overall, but the plot turn with the drugs really made it decline.

Last edited:

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That’s hilarious I was just watching this movie today :russ: love this movie

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Thinking back, there’s was quite a few plot holes left unanswered:

-what happened to Dom.

-the connection with the AR dude and how he really played a role in everything.

-AR’s kids.

Yeah, shyt really fell off after the hustling gig. It’s still a solid, funny film despite that. When Don’s talking about the slippery slope line. Him clowning his homie had me :dead:

“Might fukk around and give yourself a concussion.” :mjlol: