"Dope" netflix

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Really dope film no pun intended. I think it's sad we don't get more of these types of black films. I dug that one dude's message about the fake and authentic duffle.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

bufoonery_zpsp61oxkun.png

Fred.

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thought the shyt was extremely hit and miss to be honest. I agree with dude who said the second half was like they cut and pasted a whole other movie, shyt was a total mismatch in tone or just didn't get pulled off right.

The nikka playing old man jacoby never needs to act again, big ass open eyes like a goddamn owl do not equal menacing my guy.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
thought it was pretty meh and i really wanted to like this. i think its the main character's acting that hurt the mos; he just wasnt vry good. the overuse of 'nikka' comes off very forced. oh and story wasnt that great either. maybe b/c im just coming off of creed i see the glaring flaws in this. i also felt like zoe was just there but the rest of casting/ acting was on point. the movie just has a very good look and cool soundtrack. i was surprised by the performances of all the rappers: asap, vince, tyga all did well. i remember that had plans to see this in theater when i first saw the trailer but i forgot. glad i did :francis:... and dwp was a better film.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody that thinks this film is even remotely good, needs to get their eyes and ears tested.
for real this movie was ass. aside from the soundtrack nothing good was about this movie. the scene with the girl play dear mama and then throwing up on him afterwards was the worst 10 mins of cinema history

turned this trash off halfway through