Dope Games with shytty/Boring Stories

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have to say, I agree. I get the story but if you're interested in the story: READ ALL COLLECTABLES, etc. Mostly, the story put me to sleep

The gameplay is dope as fukk, game is very fun as fukk. I wouldn't mind Control 2.

I loved control and if you put a gun to my head and told me to summarize the story for you…..:francis:

Thats how all Remedy’s games are. They all try a little too hard to be clever

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Most games got shytty stories if we being honest.
I agree with this. Lets be honest if you really want a great story just read a novel or if you want to "play" something look for a Visual Novel.

Gameplay will always be the most important thing for games. Look at Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc all have minimal story, but remembered for having some great games in their series.

RPG's are the one where the story does have an effect since it is typically a longer experience. But if the gameplay is ass it can make getting through the story a real hassle. (Mostly games that are way too easy or tedious) RPG's like Dark Souls and SMT are games where people basically play for mostly the gameplay and if they say some other shyt they are tripping.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved control and if you put a gun to my head and told me to summarize the story for you…..:francis:

Thats how all Remedy’s games are. They all try a little too hard to be clever

:russ: for real. The story doesn't have memories at all. You forgot what the hell the story was about.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Thank god for the turbo feature in this first trails game, because the story is filled with filler. I just finished it though and the main plot was engaging….but anything besides that :russell:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Like majority of racing games that try having storyline mode. It's as basic as it gets, you're the new guy working your way up in the rankings and you beat other racers. You're not gonna fit the GTA storyline into a racing game.
I don't remember a god damn thing about Midnight Club 3 story, and yet it was one of the most memorable arcade racing.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Dragon’s Dogma

The story isn’t trash, but the presentation is very much lacking and the pacing (especially in the beginning) and details of the lore aren’t told well. It’s got some big twists, but if you weren’t really piecing the story together prior the reveals felt meh or confusing.