DOOM: The Dark Ages (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (2025)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Confirmed coming to ps5

Stand as the unrelenting champion against evil in DOOM: The Dark Ages, a single-player action FPS epic like nothing id Software has made before. Prepare for battle in 2025 when DOOM: The Dark Ages arrives on Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, PC and PlayStation 5

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I thought the trailer was kinda corny but it's Doom so I assume it's gonna be fire.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Hopefully they scale back the all the resource mechanics from Eternal...that shyt was annoying

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game would have truly been Doomed as an exclusive. I’m glad phil isn’t that stupid :whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If it's no platforming, then I'll check it out. That ruined the last game.

DOOM: The Dark Ages creative director Hugo Martin has revealed that the game was designed as more of a direct successor to the original DOOM, rather than as a sequel to DOOM Eternal. In an interview with GamesRadar, Martin spoke about how playing DOOM: The Dark Age will be quite different from its direct predecessor.

One of the key factors when it comes to taking on demons in DOOM: The Dark Ages is the fact that the upcoming shooter places a larger emphasis on avoiding enemy projectiles than previous games, bringing it closer in spirit to the original DOOM. This means that enemy projectiles move slow, allowing players time to avoid getting hit as they try and close the distance.

“I noticed right away how slow those projectiles move – it just dawned on me that that is the maze,” said Martin, talking about how playing the original DOOM helped the studio design DOOM: The Dark Ages. “The movement is more horizontal as you weave your way between the projectiles, and every projectile mattered in the original DOOM.”

Martin went on to talk about how, while DOOM Eternal had an emphasis on verticality, DOOM: The Dark Ages will instead focus on giving players more enemies to kill in larger arenas. He likens the difference between playing the two games to switching from being an F22 fighter jet to an Abrams tank.

“If you were an F22 fighter jet in DOOM Eternal, this time around we wanted you to feel like an Abrams tank,” said Martin. “It means you’re more powerful and grounded. The combat system for new players – those who only got into DOOM with the reboot – I think with they are going to feel like this is a reimagined combat system. But for long-time fans of the series, people who played the original DOOM, you’ll see it’s really a return to form.”