Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nuance is what separates intricate stories from children’s tales, if your rebuttal to that is it’s a matter of preference you might as well tune into Nick Jr.
This movie has zero depth, clearly why they opted for a star studded cast
the black doctor should’ve had more of a part in the story, Jonah Hill’s character was useless and unnecessary, so was the whole focus on Dr. Mindy’s relationship with the reporter
Wasn’t terrible though, the tv speech and them sticking to the doomsday ending was a decent payoff
6/10 is fair in my opinion :ehh:
That's not true at all

SpongeBob SquarePants has plenty of nuance

Nuance is great but it's not a prerequisite for good work

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the satire is way too heavy-handed to the point that it’s not that funny imo…should’ve followed my hunches and pass…netflix movies always end up being lukewarm

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess this just isn't my type of humor because this movie was a chore to finish.

ppl will confuse folks not enjoying the movie for “not understanding” it but it’s pretty obvious what the movie sets out to do from jump…it just doesn’t do it that well so far imo…some parts are so spot on that it’s more frustrating than funny…and others are exaggerated even taking into consideration how bizarre things really are now…I see some folks are saying this is the perfect time for such a film but I’d say the opposite…shyt is so fukked up now that we don’t need a satirical film to point that shyt out…I think what made a film like ‘idiocracy’ work is it was more a matter of this is where we’re headed…now that we’re actually “here”…a similar movie doesn’t hit as hard imo

I guess what I’m trying to say in a nutshell is that shyt is so messed up now that a movie of this nature has to be too far over the top…and as a result it’s more so silly than funny

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol at the mid-credits scene…decent flick…despite some of my comments it had its moments