DON'T fukk THIS UP (AGAIN) KYLE!!....2024 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SEASON THREAD.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

@Heretic @yseJ y'all might find this one interesting.

Two holdouts and a wedding: How the Trent Williams deal got done​

If you want to avoid a conversation, you send a text.

If you want to have a real talk, you pick up the phone.
San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan dialed up his first-ballot Hall of Fame left tackle Trent Williams on Sunday, eight days before their season opener, and delivered a straightforward message: “We need you.”

Williams shares a unique bond with his head coach, who was the offensive coordinator in Washington when Williams was a rookie in 2010 — he considers Shanahan a friend. Williams responded: “You know the only way you are taking me off the field is on a stretcher. I am fully committed to giving you all of my physical and mental being if you can provide the security I need off the field for my family.”

The men shared their feelings, gave in a little, and soon a deal was done. The last holdout of the 49ers’ dramatic offseason was over.
Before that call, it had been more than two months since Williams and Shanahan had spoken. No texts. No calls. Nothing. The silent treatment would have stretched back further if not for a bit of holy matrimony. Because while skipping practice to send a message to the team is part of the business of football, skipping a teammate’s wedding is off-limits. Williams had promised running back Christian McCaffrey that he would attend his wedding to Olivia Culpo in her hometown in Rhode Island on June 29. At that point, Williams and the 49ers were the furthest apart they had been during negotiations.

Feeling a bit like a jittery groom himself, Williams was anxious knowing he would see his head coach and general manager at the reception. The 6-foot-5, 340-pound lineman, who is known to have a superpower of feeling no pain or nerve on the football field, put on his suit and spent the day bobbing and weaving through cocktail hour, hoping to avoid an awkward conversation. It couldn’t be avoided.

Williams bumped into Shanahan; the two hugged and exchanged some quick pleasantries. After the wedding, communication between Williams and the team stopped while Williams’ agent kept discussions with the team private and out of the media. Williams is now the highest-paid left tackle in football, getting what he wanted: Two years of guaranteed money worth up to $48 million.

Let’s take a beat though.

I’ve had conversations with other general managers and football executives about the wildly successful Shanahan-John Lynch regime, which has assembled an ultra-talented roster with a culture that is the envy of the league. Yet, when it comes to the timing of the negotiations, why is there a disconnect? Twice in the last several seasons, their own elite players (pass rusher Nick Bosa last year and wide receiver Deebo Samuel Sr. in 2022) have admitted they had poor seasons because of the length and distraction of their own offseason contract sagas. I asked Williams’ agent, Vince Taylor, about it. Taylor said: “Sometimes teams look to the future so much in these deals that they forget about the present. This season.”

This season. The one in which everyone around the NFL expects the 49ers to be all-in. And yet, Brandon Aiyuk and Williams will have had only a few days of practice to prepare for the season opener. The New York Jets hope San Francisco’s summer absences will work to their advantage; in fact, that’s probably what the whole league is hoping for.

Ultimately, the 49ers got it done, again. But why must it be so painful?

Taco

All Star
Daps
Allen is QB2? WTF?
Prolly has PTSD of the 22/23 season. Out smarting himself per usual.

Officiating for that last Bills drive was diabolical. Refs tryna save Josh Allen smh.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Tomorrow starts 6 months of my mental health depending on this Damm team :damn: :russ::russ: But here we are lmaooo.

Facts….. our alliance brother @b. woods think he knows pain

But he truly hasn’t experienced pain like us:francis:

But hopefully that changes this year:blessed:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Facts….. our alliance brother @b. woods think he knows pain

But he truly hasn’t experienced pain like us:francis:

But hopefully that changes this year:blessed:

:ufdup: https://www.thecoli.com/posts/53622604
CsC2i6E.gif