Don Lemon calls out Rihanna, Frank Ocean, TI

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I agree, folks are too used to accepting everything and not questioning anything. If we had some influential brothas and sistas who really started asking some tough questions, maybe we'd start identifying some problems, talking about real shyt, and coming up with solutions

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas an idiot man. nikka looking to come rappers and audio sex peddlers to carry MLKs tourch , GTFOH here. What's next? Pinky and jada fire need to step up 2?

:what: Shut the fukk up.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
disagreement-hierarchy.jpg

90% of your posts are "Responding to Tone" though :manny:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Do they include that aspect...sure :lolbron:...but I do refute the central point though :obama:

I gotta give them something to leave with though... :whew:

You can only totally refute a falsehood... like a blatant objective one... I see you arguing about metaphysics and other circle jerks I don't think you can say you got to the central point of something with no answer.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You can only totally refute a falsehood... like a blatant objective one... I see you arguing about metaphysics and other circle jerks I don't think you can say you got to the central point of something with no answer.
THe point of arguing metaphysics with mental midgets is to get them to understand that you can't state ANYTHING without proving it. Otherwise, you should just fall back.

Daps
I could see maybe urging these nikkas put support behind intelligent individuals who know what the fuk they talkin about....supporting the struggles,causes and economic upliftment would be nice....but this nikka really put a call out to French Montanna,Gucci Mane,Waka to be our spokesman and "leaders"....nikka if u don't sit yo azz down:childplease:.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rhianna is an undereducated Carribean girl. IShe really has no interest or understanding of black empowerment. She's just a singer dancer type.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Exactly.

Thats kinda the point.

In fact, i'm glad artists are the way they are.

Artistry should never force themselves to do ANYTHING.

If someone wants to be socially conscious, let them do it on their own.

Its the same with Belafonte calling out jayz. He's not an elected official. He's a goddamn entertainer.

This is what I was thinking after I read it. I could partially understand what he meant by cultural influences but not everybody can or wants to be a Harry Belafonte.

Even in his time there were plenty of Black entertainers that didn't want to be him. Either he doesn't truly know of real Black leaders, which I doubt because he works for CNN, or he just wants to shame our culture's celebrity worship and the community at the same time.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is what I was thinking after I read it. I could partially understand what he meant by cultural influences but not everybody can or wants to be a Harry Belafonte.

Even in his time there were plenty of Black entertainers that didn't want to be him. Either he doesn't truly know of real Black leaders, which I doubt because he works for CNN, or he just wants to shame our culture's celebrity worship and the community at the same time.

My thing is that...he's asking for black leadership instead of realizing that black people don't want black leadership.

The struggles aren't the same.

The obstacles are far more nuanced and hidden than before. Its hard to fight economic barriers...or educational gaps.

The opportunities are there.

Such a struggle is such a detailed argument that its frankly pointless to attempt to force people to openly speak out on it.