Don Lemon calls out Rihanna, Frank Ocean, TI

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
don lemon is the ultimate fake uncle tom fakkit....a nonthreatening negro that suck white cock and he also take that same cock in his narrow black ass

He's not an uncle tom....but he should've known better than appearing to piggy back off of that clown Bill O'Reilly. I don't agree with some of the shyt he says, but he aint a c00n. Tom Joyner doesn't put c00ns on his show.

with that being said, actions speak louder than words. and while he's right for the most part, the bigger issue to me is that as long as mufukkaz are getting paper, they don't care about the image they present.

It's pretty safe to say, we know the issues at hand in our community. We don't need it posterized all the time...we need action.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
lol he really does look like Tom Dubois from The Boondocks

don-lemon-660_400_246.jpg
17295.jpg

Is that Boondocks season 4 ever going to come out?

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I don't understand the culture surrounding the way we feel about celebrities

When I go to the dentist, I don't ask him to check my transmission. He clearly has a specific skill he applies to make his living and I accept him as an authority on that and literally nothing else.

But if I'm really good and playing piano and have mastered it, somehow I'm supposed to be like Moses and lead people to the foot of the promised land?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand the culture surrounding the way we feel about celebrities

When I go to the dentist, I don't ask him to check my transmission. He clearly has a specific skill he applies to make his living and I accept him as an authority on that and literally nothing else.

But if I'm really good and playing piano and have mastered it, somehow I'm supposed to be like Moses and lead people to the foot of the promised land?

Real talk.

Just because Luda, TI, Gucci(of all ppl) picked up a pen and decided to write rhymes in hope of making some money....how does that equate to them needing to be a leader?

What if they never made it big in the rap game? Would they not still need to be leaders then? Would Don still care?

I'm not really mad at what he said...I heard it on Tom Joyner the other day,
but I always like to peel back the layers homie.

After the Bill O'Reilly incident....he's now the new authority on black issues. Dude is everywhere now. His commentary will be on Tom Joyner twice a week.

"They" have annoited this cat.

His commentary doesn't stray far from the white media agenda.

you might have a point here.....doesnt he date a white man? Maybe this is where he's getting alot of this "outrage" from.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

After the Bill O'Reilly incident....he's now the new authority on black issues. Dude is everywhere now. His commentary will be on Tom Joyner twice a week.

He's post racial - "I mean he's not black to me - he's just Don."
Doesn't wear his "blackness" on his sleeve
He's an educated, articulate black man on CNN - "Don's made it - why cant you people make it too?"
He will scold those bad negroes when needed.
Very non-threatening and safe.
Openly gay - which doesnt matter to me, but let's be honest - this really makes him non-threatening.

This is who speaks for us now.

I think white people think any black person who has the ability to let his opinion be heard by the masses believe they speaks for us. No one is looking at Don Lemon to help with issues in the black community. He just expressed a popular opinion among white people and they jumped on that because his skin color supposedly gives him credibility.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Real talk.

Just because Luda, TI, Gucci(of all ppl) picked up a pen and decided to write rhymes in hope of making some money....how does that equate to them needing to be a leader?

What if they never made it big in the rap game? Would they not still need to be leaders then? Would Don still care?

you might have a point here.....doesnt he date a white man? Maybe this is where he's getting alot of this "outrage" from.

I dont know who he's dating fam. So far I havent seen any outrage from what he said. I'm just waitng to see how it plays out down the line.

I think white people think any black person who has the ability to let his opinion be heard by the masses believe they speaks for us. No one is looking at Don Lemon to help with issues in the black community. He just expressed a popular opinion among white people and they jumped on that because his skin color supposedly gives him credibility.

The thing is they just dont let any old body get up on their platform, especially one who speaks the exact opposite of what their pumping to the masses.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I dont know who he's dating fam. So far I havent seen any outrage from what he said. I'm just waitng to see how it plays out down the line.

No, I'm saying maybe that's where he's getting HIS outrage from. As in maybe his 'partner' fills his head with, "why don't blacks do this...." "why do blacks wear this...." etc.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

He's post racial - "I mean he's not black to me - he's just Don."
Doesn't wear his "blackness" on his sleeve
He's an educated, articulate black man on CNN - "Don's made it - why cant you people make it too?"
He will scold those bad negroes when needed.
Very non-threatening and safe.
Openly gay - which doesnt matter to me, but let's be honest - this really makes him non-threatening.

This is who speaks for us now.

He's non-threatening AND anyone who criticizes him will get the homophobe label thrown at him.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The self-hate is strong with him. I recently found out that he seriously was trying to imply that Cracker is as offensive of a term as ******. He's sold his soul, and for what? :smh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
He's a fukking idiot who sucks white dikk and c00ns it up for CNN and he's not even the most featured anchor, they always got them basic blondes on more than this stupid ass. fukk him. I'll never take him seriously after he blamed black men wearing sagging pants for the problems within the community. He can choke on a fat one and die. :pacspit:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm gonna read this before I comment truly.....but when did Don Lemon become the authority of calling eveybody out?

This is what truly annoys me sometimes.

nikkas stay abusing their platforms.

Just read the news nikka.

If you want to go the pundit route, stop riding the fence...it hurts your journalistic integrity.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't think entertainers and the leaders back in the day are comparable. Different times and different issues. And why is Lemon calling out other entertainers when he has spent the last several years on television and I don't ever recall him using his influence. It may not be as wide spread as those he mentioned in the article but he had the avenue to become one. Not really a fan of people who try to place the responsibility on others when he has the ability to do it as well.

Exactly.

Thats kinda the point.

In fact, i'm glad artists are the way they are.

Artistry should never force themselves to do ANYTHING.

If someone wants to be socially conscious, let them do it on their own.

Its the same with Belafonte calling out jayz. He's not an elected official. He's a goddamn entertainer.