Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Anyone else now finding it odd how an Achilles injury ended Kobe's reign as an elite player. But now players like Durant and Klay are coming back like nothing happened?
These last 2 seasons have shown that Durant can only be Durant for a half-season, I wouldn't say he's back like nothing happened.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They shouldn't even think about bringing AD back and risking more injury, let him rest till August
They need to rest him until they can film a workout video of him in June, doctor it, post it to their official IG/Twitter accounts and trade him afterwards.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He alway looks bad against young athletic wings but he's far from "done"

when I say done, I mean he's done as being an elite player. his contributions are bordering positive and neutral. one more year and he'll be a neutral player. 2 years from now a negative one.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Honestly, we'll never know.

Kobe came back a lot sooner than KD did. Also, Kobe suffered a knee injury after his return from his achilles injury 6 games in. His decline was a combination of the achilles, the knee injury and age. Klay is a different case because his game is completely different, he can just run around and shoot. It shouldn't have affected him as much as it did Kobe. But like I said, Kobe came back earlier and never really showed if his decline was directly due to the achilles. I'm suspecting it was more the knee injury to be honest.

That shoulder injury was rough too. Kobe had way too many accumulated injuries by then. It’s what makes the CP3 veto so fateful. Kobe gets a chance at a much more graceful retirement. For all the blame cokehead and mitch have gotten much of which is deserved, they had the perfect game plan.