Dolby Atmos 9.1.6, Jesus take the bank account, it's time to upgrade!

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I got a 5.1 upstairs and a 7.1 system downstairs with a 70in set that doesn't even get used.

:francis:

Definitely out of the Home Entertainment Game. I game in my office like a hermit now :flabbynsick:
Bahm.i have no reason to have a 70 inch..I'm not home enough. My car set up means more than that kind of thing.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:deadrose: Fam I been into audio (car and home) since I was 14, I'm 42 now. Started back in the days of Dolby Pro-Logic, been in it since. Worked in the industry for a few years doing installs. It's hard to watch movies with 2 channel setups. I just did a friends home theater, wired up 5.1 for him, brought him over for an Atmos demo, now he's shopping again.

Had a friend invite me over to watch Dr. Strange on BD, on a 55" with TV speakers, absolutely not.

I miss working in the A/V stores because I love showing people the capabilities that are out there. If you can educate peeps in a way they can understand and demo something for them they are likely to take an interest in it and trust you to help them, especially this area of electronics.
My wife look at me funny when I tell her its certain quality standards I wont tolerate
-No tv speakers for movies:scusthov:
-No bootleg movies :hhh:
-No fukkING spoilers:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I ran wiremold channeling from Home Depot to conceal the wires coming from the AVR to go to the side and rear surrounds and to the front and rear overheads. I bought a 500ft spool of 12ga 2-conductor wire and took some measurements when I knew where I was putting speakers. There is a wire bunch right behind the AVR before it goes into the wiremold channels. I do wish the ceiling speakers came in white to blend in, I live with it. 7 main/surrounds, 1 sub, 4 ceiling speakers. Screen is 65".

IMG_9129.jpg

IMG_9126.jpg
Breh run them wires behind the sheet rock.
It isn't difficult.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Thanks, that immersive audio is just :ohlawd:. Movies like Man Of Steel, they got it so right :noah:

@thesandman

I know on the AVS forum, there is a few threads dedicated to Dolby Atmos, most builds is dealing with where to put speakers and hiding wires.
Btw Breh.. u need a few sound traps.. helps with anything should related.."reverb, reflect, kids and bass" the rug helps ur floor and the sofa helps the back but u need some on the ceilling and back wall minimum.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Breh run them wires behind the sheet rock.
It isn't difficult.

Btw Breh.. u need a few sound traps.. helps with anything should related.."reverb, reflect, kids and bass" the rug helps ur floor and the sofa helps the back but u need some on the ceilling and back wall minimum.

@Kamikaze Revy I am limited as far as fishing wires through and modifying walls as I live in an apt. If the leasing office were ok with it, I would have no problem doing it.

@G-Zeus I will to some research and see what sound traps I can mount.