Dolby Atmos 9.1.6, Jesus take the bank account, it's time to upgrade!

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I know very little about speakers beause I don’t own a house, and I gotta worry about pissing off neighbors at my complex:yeshrug:

Now, headphones, I know a shytload about those.

It would be nice to buy a house and listen to speakers as loud as I want, but I move around a lot. I’m rarely at a location for more than 2 years (matter of fact, since 2012, I’ve lived in Phoenix, Indiana, Chicago, DC, and Houston :whew:). Given that, buying a house makes little sense. :yeshrug:

One day, I hope though :mjcry:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I wonder how much it would cost to hire a professional, im interested in the dolby atmos experience but i cant stand all them damn wires, even you cleaned it up and it was too much

I was at best buy, LG makes a flagship atmos bar, the demo had me feeling like i was really in the rain forest

Think ill get that and call it a day

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
dope bachlor pad\man cave

i am having a new house built.. will wire the basement for one of them 7.1 joint

Thanks, that immersive audio is just :ohlawd:. Movies like Man Of Steel, they got it so right :noah:

I wonder how much it would cost to hire a professional, im interested in the dolby atmos experience but i cant stand all them damn wires, even you cleaned it up and it was too much

I was at best buy, LG makes a flagship atmos bar, the demo had me feeling like i was really in the rain forest

@thesandman

I know on the AVS forum, there is a few threads dedicated to Dolby Atmos, most builds is dealing with where to put speakers and hiding wires.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I got a 5.1 upstairs and a 7.1 system downstairs with a 70in set that doesn't even get used.

:francis:

Definitely out of the Home Entertainment Game. I game in my office like a hermit now :flabbynsick:

That's another thing to think about ...

We play a lot of Multiplayer ...I almost all the time have my headphones on ...

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
How much media do you currently have that even supports atmos breh?

I have Gravity and Warcraft and thats it :mjgrin:

Tons of titles are getting that Atmos upgrade. Watching the Spider-Man 4k trilogy in Atmos right now. After that Mad Max.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I dont know shyt about audio like this. What do I need to get started?

A Blu-ray player for movies that have Atmos encoding. Some content can be streamed.

A Dolby Atmos AVR or soundbar. I would listen to a few demo setups 1st. If you go the AVR route 7 speakers and a powered sub would get you there.

Speaker Setup Guides

5.1.2 is the start for Atmos

5 mains (Left, Right, Center, Left Surround, Right Surround)
1 Sub
2 Height Speakers

With this route you have to look at your room and see where you can place speakers. Generally the mains are at ear level when you are seated. The height channels are above you mounted on the wall or ceiling.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Wire drops are easier than you think. Even putting in the panels isn't too difficult.
Especially with high gauge speaker wire because its much easier to work with than say Ethernet cables or coaxial.

If you have a friend who has some experience with it, call him up, get some masks, some panels, and something to saw through drywall and have some fun :ahh:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We over here with 5.1 2D surrond sound :mjcry:

OP on the Z-axis looking down at us like :snoop:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
We over here with 5.1 2D surrond sound :mjcry:

OP on the Z-axis looking down at us like :snoop:

:deadrose: Fam I been into audio (car and home) since I was 14, I'm 42 now. Started back in the days of Dolby Pro-Logic, been in it since. Worked in the industry for a few years doing installs. It's hard to watch movies with 2 channel setups. I just did a friends home theater, wired up 5.1 for him, brought him over for an Atmos demo, now he's shopping again.

Had a friend invite me over to watch Dr. Strange on BD, on a 55" with TV speakers, absolutely not.

I miss working in the A/V stores because I love showing people the capabilities that are out there. If you can educate peeps in a way they can understand and demo something for them they are likely to take an interest in it and trust you to help them, especially this area of electronics.