Doja Cat - Scarlet (Discussion Thread) ALBUM OUT NOW! *NO FEATURES* NEW SONG/MUSIC VIDEO "Agora Hills" Out Now!

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Doja wears her musical influences on her sleeves

the way she pronounces her words in the first verse on "Skull and Bones" reminds me of Ye's approach to how he would pronounce his words sometimes, like on songs "Good Morning" and "Everything I Am"

this is the particular line that reminds me of a line someone would write for Graduation era Ye:

Doja -"the only thing i sold was a record, the only thing i folded under was pressure. can i say i digress, you the aggressor. now y'all say y'all impress, im the successor."

@Sad Bunny

I know you hear the Lil Wayne influence on "Ouchies". :wow:

the way she flows on this reminds me of Wayne

33 second mark

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
:wow:

This is undeniable. I rarely buy hip hop albums, but I had to make an exception after hearing this.

Shutcho is probably my favorite track and it’s the perfect anthem for all the nonsense I see on social media. She wrote this whole album herself!? Hook game is godly :wow:

Right?!

I keep saying it, this album is a masterpiece!

Yup, she wrote the whole album by herself!

F6kDTHTWQAAtTpP

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got around to listening to this on Friday and its def in my rotation. The album is good but it could have been great. Its real hit or miss in the first half of the album. It takes off Agora Hills though. That song and everything after it is flames. Really good album