Does the Coli consider Dave Chappelle a c00n?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Ok. But what is the "cut-off" point for this? Is it when a Black person of power talks down about Black people? Marries or dates outside their race? Says something that not everyone agrees with (such as indifference to Trump)? Legit asking because the narrative changes so much on here. Like I said, off the internet this is a non factor to most people. But since I browse a lot of threads here, and enjoy different dynamics and opinions, this is a question i think has to be thought about.

I think it doesn't matter until it does is my stance,which is what allows for some people to get passes. The problem is that I think there are certain things it should just disqualify you from being able to do and discuss.
Just like with Donald Glover,he could still advocate for black people in some areas being a black person.
The problem comes when he has a white wife,but likes to create over the top caricatures of black women on his show,or show black love as disfunctional as he does on the show. How about you get yourself a white girl on the show as your love interest,and you two can be disfunctional:martin:

In Chapelles case the line should be drawn with him as somebody who is admittedly not from the hood. Portraying black folks from the hood in over the top negative light,reinforcing stereotypes need to be watched out for. I think he gives a pretty good balance in his act though,never really came off as trying to be Mike Epps or anything.
As well as the same for his show.

But for his show he 100% was c00ning,just based on the fact he knew how white his audience was. I don't believe he has the legs to stand on that Chris Rock did when he made that "nikkas vs Black people" joke. Look at the audience and its still majority black,so the joke is understood. Chapelles audience has always seemed to be if not majority white,damn near 50/50. For him to know that and make some of those skits,he SHOULD have knew he was pushing the line. And for a black man to be that unaware,that you don't realize that until some random white dude laughs too hard,tells me he was c00ning,unaware and got a wake up call he sorely needed.

But he is still a bedbuck though:mjlol:

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Views and opinions expressed by The Coli do not necessarily reflect the official policy of real life"
Something real interesting tho.

I feel like the majority of brothers fw Dave now and rank him with the greats

BUT

I was like 10-11 when the chapels show was coming out and I remember CONSTANTLY hearing that the show was demeaning, the Tyrone biggums charwcter, the Black KKK dude.. you hear it on black radio, on TV. In 2003 Dave chapelle was top c00n. At least from my perspective as a little kid observing the world. That’s what almost every black person over the age of 21 was saying

At that age I loved it cuz hearing nikka on television was some :gladbron::merchant::ooh::krs: shyt

After he ran out on the check he got mad legacy points.

kuts

All Star
Daps
Just wondering. Since the consensus seems to be that if you're not building a family with a Black woman, there's no way you can be for Black people as a whole

:jbhmm:

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Having sex outside of your race is definitely whatever, but when it comes to building a family you have to build with your own off GP, and even more so if you're black.

Plus, most people who marry interracially have motives outside of love fueling their desire lowkey. To deny American socialization is to deny reality.

Man Down

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I tend to agree with this sentiment. Having sex outside of your race is definitely whatever, but when it comes to building a family you have to build with your own off GP, and even more so if you're black.

Plus, most people who marry interracially have motives outside of love fueling their desire lowkey. To deny American socialization is to deny reality.

Gotchu. I agree with the spoiler. Let's all forget the word c00n for a minute because it can mean anything at this point. Do you think creators nowadays are pandering because they now realize how powerful the Black dollar can be, has always been, and will continue to be? For example, with Jordan Peele and Get out, everyone knew Jordan Peele as the "Oreo" safe negro (not my opinion tbh but whatever). When Get Out dropped everyone had the :gladbron: face, and praised that movie as a new spin on white supremacy, interracial dating, etc... You couldn't tell Black people shyt about that film. Now my question is since he's married and has a child with a white(?) woman, do nikkas really believe that he himself had ulterior motives of capitalizing off of what he KNEW would be a hit, or did he actually have stock into what the movie was supposed to represent?

Edit: Also it doesn't have to be one or the other, could definitely be bits and pieces of both

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
We give "passes" to the ones who can entertain us the most. If he was literally anybody else thecoli would eat him alive

But since The Chapelle Show was so fire nikkas in here

juelz-santana-gif.gif
The post right after this one
Not when u smoke as much weed as Dave

And Dave is actually funny so he gets a VIP Black Card imo
Not like the unfunny one, Glover
:dead:

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The greatest african empires were Islamic

To be honest, I don't really care. I deal with the present state of black people, and whether I think Islam is on balance treating black people well right now. IMO, hell no. We're being held as slaves in several Islamic nations to this day, black African women are going to Islamic nations as servants and being tortured and raped, beautiful African countries from West to East Africa becoming destabilized by Islamic extremists. "Islam isn't the only problem", "those aren't true Muslims", "other people do it too", "Chicago", "we're our own worst enemy" blahblahblah. Personally I'm tired of all races and ideologies being used en masse to hurt black people, and I'm not interested in excuses for why we should forgive and/or only look for the mythical 'positives' of remaining global losers under all these people/ideologies forever.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
This is a great topic!

My 2 cents;

While Dave and brothers like Jordan Peele have done nice works and have shown to have some black pride in certain areas, they can never be “Pro-Black”. They’re just not c00ns...

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Don’t think chappelle has ever come across as a c00n. I don’t care who he’s married to or what he said about trump. Just because you don’t marry or have kids with a black woman doesn’t automatically make you a c00n, I don’t care what militants on the Coli say.
...Malcom said it too. You think his reasoning is wrong?:mjgrin: