Does Sifu now hold the crown for best CQC combat in an action game?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, I mean it's supposed to be hard to fight when your getting jumped, that's the point of jumping someone :russ:

I've never seen someone in real life get jumped and they won the fight, unless it was like a bunch of little ass kids trying to fight a grown man, and usually when that happens, they just playing around anyway :pachaha:

yeah, the way you deal with crowds is to outmaneuver them. The most satisfying shyt is when you duck one of their attacks and they hit their partner

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the crowd control options are very realistic…and poor crowd control in this game is reflective of the user and I’m not directing that at you…I’m stating it based on my experience…the most troublesome areas in the game for me has easily been crowds bcuz I tried to play it like most video games and overpower overwhelming odds which isn’t realistic when you’re fighting 2-8 ppl at a time

in batman and spider-man you can easily stand your ground and perfectly counter enemies at will and never seem too overwhelmed…but that isn’t the case with this game and I like it…to me one of the best options for crowd control in this game is making proper use of the space you’re fighting in to force enemies into a position where they can only attack you one or two at a time and sometimes that requires you constantly being on the move
I agree, and I like the system, but it would've been cool to see some kicks have aoe range and hit multiple people at once. Or even jump off walls and the environment for dynamic moves like some enemies use. Lots of potential for a sequel

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree, and I like the system, but it would've been cool to see some kicks have aoe range and hit multiple people at once. Or even jump off walls and the environment for dynamic moves like some enemies use. Lots of potential for a sequel

There actually is an unlockable aoe kick breh

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I definitely taken out 2 ppl with a kick…in the main game thread @Khalil's_Black_Excellence showed a clip where he took out 3 enemies at once doing the same…I agree with the bold tho…I’d see enemies do that shyt and be like damn why can’t I lol? also can you push/throw enemies into each other in this game? I know you can push them on their own but I haven’t tried seeing if I can push them into another person

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I definitely taken out 2 ppl with a kick…in the main game thread @Khalil's_Black_Excellence showed a clip where he took out 3 enemies at once doing the same…I agree with the bold tho…I’d see enemies do that shyt and be like damn why can’t I lol? also can you push/throw enemies into each other in this game? I know you can push them on their own but I haven’t tried seeing if I can push them into another person

Yes, you can push enemies into each other. Doing so can even cause enemies to hit other enemies into their takedown state. I do it all the time.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
holy shyt. :ohhh:

is it incidental contact or can you control exactly who you push them into?

I mean, it's just like how you can use your 8-way controls to chose the direction of your attacks, you can when you grab/throw pick. It's more of a positional change most of the time, but pressing R2 and a direction on any actual hit. You can actually press X+square when they're dazed to do an actual throw/toss on any dazed/stunned/takedown ready enemy tho.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, it's just like how you can use your 8-way controls to chose the direction of your attacks, you can when you grab/throw pick. It's more of a positional change most of the time, but pressing R2 and a direction on any actual hit. You can actually press X+square when they're dazed to do an actual throw/toss on any dazed/stunned/takedown ready enemy tho.

oh no that I know…it doesn’t sound like I can do what I had in mind tho

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think the crowd control options are very realistic…and poor crowd control in this game is reflective of the user and I’m not directing that at you…I’m stating it based on my experience…the most troublesome areas in the game for me has easily been crowds bcuz I tried to play it like most video games and overpower overwhelming odds which isn’t realistic when you’re fighting 2-8 ppl at a time

in batman and spider-man you can easily stand your ground and perfectly counter enemies at will and never seem too overwhelmed…but that isn’t the case with this game and I like it…to me one of the best options for crowd control in this game is making proper use of the space you’re fighting in to force enemies into a position where they can only attack you one or two at a time and sometimes that requires you constantly being on the move

True. Tho in actuality, if you're really skillful with your parries and sways, you can still stand your ground in a crowd. But yeah, it's not supposed to be something easy to do by design, which is quite realistic. You have to be near master levels to be able to do that. Same as in real life, which most people just aren't that, lol.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m gonna try and see if I can purposely push one enemy into another to the point they stumble (and possibly lose some health?) as a way to disrupt their attacks/create some breathing room

Not sure if they lose health, but you can definitely push them into each other as disruption purposes.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the game is not open world, and thank fukk for that. you aint tired of those generic bland open worlds with shyt ass combat?

Nahhh. Combat in this is WAY, WAYYY better than ghosts. like lightyears ahead. All the enemies in GOT have the same death animations for every death :mjlol:

plus theres a bunch of weapons

Two different types of games, you would have to compare this game to Judgement and Yakuza, with on hard mode, I find the bosses far more challenging than this game and it's not even close, once you figure how to beat the boss they are easy as bosses on Zelda, this is truly an NES game in modern form

after 20 hours of gameplay you will be unbeatable in Sifu, but if the developers had a bigger budget and could make a bigger game, they came would be much better and much more challenging, because they can add in different environments and enemy types to make you think of better strategies to get pass them, that's really the object of the game, it's combat system would only work in this type of game, it's one of a kind, which is a good thing, don't want to see it copied in any other games

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
hows the combat compared to Ghosts of Tsushima, that was the best combat system to me by far

edit: someone answered this question

Im coppin this on tuesday