Does Sifu now hold the crown for best CQC combat in an action game?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all was killing me saying I was bored with current action game combat and how it was stale and repetitive.

:unimpressed:

I'm glad sifu has opened peoples eyes.

There is no way we should still be using generic combat mechanics for 90 percent of these triple A action games.

I low-key wish horizon would have dropped before this since one of my biggest gripe with that game was combat, especially human combat.

But yeah, I'ma need more engaging combat going forth from these big triple A games.

Sifu is amazing showcase of potential for combat

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Y'all was killing me saying I was bored with current action game combat and how it was stale and repetitive.

There is no way we should still be using generic combat mechanics for 90 percent of these triple A action games.

I low-key wish horizon would have dropped before this since one of my biggest gripe with that game was combat, especially human combat.

But yeah, I'ma need more engaging combat going forth from these big triple A games.

Talk to em!!!!!! Hopefully generic combat interaction goes away after this.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Who is ya'll and don't give yourself so much credit, lol.

As much as Horizon's melee combat needed improvement, it shouldn't really be anything like this game for sure. And it's beyond fine if it isn't.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
See some folk on my friends list playing it. Damn it that good:ohhh:

might be a sleeper hit or something that gets bigger through word of mouth....because this was a bad month for a game like this

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Horizon Zero Dawn isn't a martial arts game, it's more comparable to Tomb Raider, and Uncharted

Only game I could really compare it to is God Hand on PS2 without the over the type moves, the taunt mechanic works the same in the game, the dodging is similar, and the trail by error type difficulty

I would be interested to see what kind of game they could make with AAA budget

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
wow so im the only one that thinks this game is trash.

folks are acting like its an open world mortal kombat, aint this some shyt.