Does anyone else miss the blog rap/blog rock era?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
does he still make reviews? He was a cornball
Yes. But he's not an authority like he was in 2012-2018. nikkas used to bush albums they haven't even listen to themselves cause Fantano gave it a 4 (me included at some points). Glad we realized that bullshyt and made him lose credibility:scust:

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
Music was fun as hell back then, I will admit that it has a lot to do with it being my teen era too and me just getting into music but it was a great time for discovery. Every day I would come home from school and rotate through blogs to see what new tracks had dropped. Hypebeast/Hypetrak, Earmilk, Fader, 2DopeBoys, I could go on. Spotify made it easy but back then it was fun.

Fortunately, it works out that as you get older you don't have time for all of that anyways.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Blog rappers (a product of the piracy era of limewire ) was from like 2007-2013, best to come out of that era has been Kendrick Lamar, everything else has been fake street drug music that paved the way for this reckless era of rap we have today.

• Dap
Reactions: RTF

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
2015 one of the GOAT years in rap. A lot of these artists peaked, and a lot of new faces asserted themselves in the game

TPAB
IYRTITL
Tetsuo and Youth
S06
Rodeo
DS2
IDLSIDGO
WATTBA
Barter 6
Compton
ALLA
Compton
King Push
DWMTM
Surf
B4DA$$
SremmLife
Etc

:wow:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Blog rappers (a product of the piracy era of limewire ) was from like 2007-2013, best to come out of that era has been Kendrick Lamar, everything else has been fake street drug music that paved the way for this reckless era of rap we have today.
Joey Badass, Tyler, the Creator and Big Sean is fake street thug rap?:mjtf:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
2015 one of the GOAT years in rap. A lot of these artists peaked, and a lot of new faces asserted themselves in the game

TPAB
IYRTITL
Tetsuo and Youth
S06
Rodeo
DS2
IDLSIDGO
WATTBA
Barter 6
Compton
ALLA
Compton
King Push
DWMTM
Surf
B4DA$$
SremmLife
Etc

:wow:
What happened since? Damn. Most of the rappers on that list are still going strong but I'm not seeing that creativity like you seen that year. I'm not saying Soundcloud rap wasn't creative, it surely was but after 2018, something changed.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
What happened since? Damn. Most of the rappers on that list are still going strong but I'm not seeing that creativity like you seen that year. I'm not saying Soundcloud rap wasn't creative, it surely was but after 2018, something changed.
I think the pandemic has really fukked things over. Kendrick being a recluse has also hurt a good bit

some dudes with potential also haven’t been any better than they were back then, and dropped their best work then. I like Vince a lot, but he hasn’t topped S06, I like Earl but he’s felt MIA since 2018, Chance hype is dead lol, Rocky hasn’t been the force he was then honestly, Drake hasn’t released a project as good as IYRTITL since it came out, Meek’s declined since, and Future, Thug, Sremm aren’t the fresh and unique voices they were at the time. There’s clones everywhere now

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I think the pandemic has really fukked things over. Kendrick being a recluse has also hurt a good bit

some dudes with potential also haven’t been any better than they were back then, and dropped their best work then. I like Vince a lot, but he hasn’t topped S06, I like Earl but he’s felt MIA since 2018, Chance hype is dead lol, Rocky hasn’t been the force he was then honestly, Drake hasn’t released a project as good as IYRTITL since it came out, Meek’s declined since, and Future, Thug, Sremm aren’t the fresh and unique voices they were at the time. There’s clones everywhere now
Earl dropped a mixtape in 2019 but other than that I agree.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell No, this the era that killed Rap. After the Kanye/50 stand off and Kanye won. All these non street, weirdo rappers flooded the market.

The best rappers from that period is:

Kendrick
Wale
Drake
Cole
Cudi

Would be unnoticed in era before.
Plus....
Freddie gibbs
Nipsey hussle
Jay Rock
Dom kennedy