Does anyone else here not listen to rap/hiphop?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i don't make an effort to any more, and i don't have to because i'm out enough and end up hearing it anyways. i find myself listening to stuff i either have to, need to, or want to learn when it comes to music. and there's nothing in the hip hop/rap genre i need to, want to or should learn. like, even right now i'm listening to a live version of monk and coltrane at carnegie hall playing monk's mood because i'm transcribing it...

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Used To Go So Hard In "The Spot" Knowing What Was Going On In The Rap World, Looking For New Artists, Knowing All Release Dates, Downloading Everything Hyped

I Dont Give A fukk Anymore

I Cant Even Tell You The Last Album/Mixtape I Downloaded

I Have No Idea Whats Going On In Music

I Know Nas Is Gonna Drop Something Soon And That's All I Know lol

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I Used To Go So Hard In "The Spot" Knowing What Was Going On In The Rap World, Looking For New Artists, Knowing All Release Dates, Downloading Everything Hyped

:yes:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I live in Toronto and I had no idea who drake was till early last year. He was just the dude from degrassi to me.

I used to be the cat waiting for the new Kay slay, big mike the second they were ripped etc.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Different eras of my life have found different styles go up and down in rotation.

But cutting it out completely? :childplease:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY

Pretty much, I think the last album I bought was Slaughterhouses first. And the only album I know that's dropping soon is Nas. He is pretty much the only rapper I'm checking for now. The older I get the more I'm diversifying my taste. When I was young I took the time out to know what was going on. But I'm older now and I could care less about digging thru the crates to find something. I don't have time for that anymore. On top of that most music sucks now a days. I'm sure good stuff is being dropped but I don't have the time or the energy to be wasting on looking for it.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Only Things Im Looking Forward To Is Nas And Frank Ocean

I Dont Even Know If Frank Has A Release Date, I Know Nas Is In July But I Have No Idea What Day

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Not as much. I'm more into R&B and Techno now. I can't support most of the new hip hop that's put out, except for Lupe Fiasco and a few other artists.

Daps
SMH @ nikkas for crucifying Nas for telling the truth.

NasHipHopIsDead.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nas and Slaughterhouse are the only upcoming releases that I have knowledge and interest for. Not really any other hip-hop that I'm even thinking about these days. Same goes for RnB actually.

I've mainly been listening to piano music for a good long while now since trying to learn how to play.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I listen to more Hip Hop now than I ever did
sorry if that makes some of you dudes mad as fukk

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I used to love H.E.R. :to:

my homie that has pretty much the same taste in hip hop as I, went to mad concerts together, etc. tried to put me onto Drake before he "blew up", I had no interest in doing so. the last album I listened to fully was MBDTF, prior to that was The Cool & American Gangster. that's a 3 year gap :ohmy:

that Joey Bada$$ single was dope, doubt I'll ever listen to his mixtape though :yeshrug:
never even knew about Gucci Mane's "Sometimes" till about a week or so ago, thought TEKBEATZ or someone from here produced Ugo's smash hit