Does any other wrestler have an argument they belong on the Austin/Hogan/Rock tier?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
We’re talking about peaks though. You can’t switch it up to now because if fits the argument.
Even if you wanna go that route, his peak wasn't in the same stratosphere as Austin and Rock. Which ain't an indictment on him, it's how crazy a stratosphere Austin and Rock reached. Can blame WCW on letting him fizzle, but history is history. :manny:

And again, it's a simple thought process: if Goldberg follows Austin and Rock entrance that night, does he get that pop? No. Goldberg isn't even thought of for a segment like that. Let's be real now...

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Even if you wanna go that route, his peak wasn't in the same stratosphere as Austin and Rock. Which ain't an indictment on him, it's how crazy a stratosphere Austin and Rock reached. Can blame WCW on letting him fizzle, but history is history. :manny:

And again, it's a simple thought process: if Goldberg follows Austin and Rock entrance that night, does he get that pop? No. Goldberg isn't even thought of for a segment like that. Let's be real now...
What night? WM30 in 2014?

Thats not his peak :what:

Judge his peak at the Georgia Dome vs Hogan against it and it blows it out the water

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Because WWE hasn’t been rewriting history since purchasing WCW? :comeon:

They made DDP a Stalker….:comeon:

He stalked a 5 when his wife was a dime…:comeon:
I'll give you that, WWE be the worst at revising TF out of history lmao

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Cena is easily in there

It’s no way around it
He prob has the strongest argument and his transition to Hollywood will surely help but I personally can't get past him being jeered by half of the fans throughout a considerable amount of his wrestling tenure and then turn around and say he was on Hogan Austin and Rock level.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think Goldberg was as popular as Stone Cold and The Rock in the wrestling bubble but outside of the bubble he's nowhere near the level they reached. There's a difference between hardcore fans, casual fans and people who don't watch wrestling at all but know who you are.

Hogan, Rock and Austin were known by people who never fukked with wrestling. Your grandmother or whoever would know who Hulk Hogan was.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
More people have seen and like Andre than Hogan :sas2:

Princess Bride is a beloved movie by a demo that ain't never gonna watch wrestling on purpose.
Don't nobody remember no Thunder in Paradise tho

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
He prob has the strongest argument and his transition to Hollywood will surely help but I personally can't get past him being jeered by half of the fans throughout a considerable amount of his wrestling tenure and then turn around and say he was on Hogan Austin and Rock level.
Different era. Hulk hogan wouldn’t work at all today. Stone cold would get booed for beating 10 dudes up at once. The rock would be corny etc…

Daps
Reppin
NULL
John Cena is arguably just as much a cultural icon as the rock/hogan/stone cold off the strength of all those u can't c me memes alone. Everybody gets that reference.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol at some of these names Daniel Bryan :mjlol:

Just gonna drop this and leave

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
If macho was alive he woulda been in there.

That woulda been a special moment freal.

Rock and austin kinda outbalanced hogan, needed macho man for backup

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So you're only talking about WWE and not pro wrestling as a whole? Cena should definitely be on there in that case based on the length of his run at the top.

As hot as they were, Austin and Rock really didn't have long runs on top like that.
How? Cena is not bigger than Goldberg.