Albums Doechii - Alligator Bites Never Heal (Discussion Thread)

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
man I was really expecting some bars the way this got hyped. this that prestige rap category that gets the Twitter critics all moist tho, salute

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Going to give this a second listen - definitely fukking with it on first listen

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
This one is really rewarding to deep dive. Lots of interesting influences, everything from early Odd Future to Slick Rick, and none of it sounds out of place. She's really a musical shapeshifter, and I say that with a lot of respect.

She's definitely picked up the art of finding interesting flows from Zay and Smino, shame she doesn't bar up quite as hard as those features. But I think a lot of this was a malicious compliance type record and mocking everyone trying to put her in a box, she already had her Nicki Monster verse moment, she doesn't really have to prove anything.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Halfway through this. This reminds me of doja cat’s scarlet, but just a little more alternative and vibrant.

Its good, but just good. I think it earns a lot of extra points for not being typical thot rap and being relatively unique compared to the rest of the female hip hop albums out there. The problem is that amongst male hip hop albums in the same lane, this wouldnt be it. If a man made this album we’d call this mid.

So, great listen IMO so far. But im not blown away. Well see how the rest holds up

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
People are having this record as a top 5 release of the year. I’m gonna clean the house listening. Heard the first couple of songs it’s just a rehash of late 90s early 2000s sound by a southern girl that sounds like she’s from New York. It’s been done before but the current landscape of female rap has been over sexual it comes off as a breath of fresh air